Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

How stupid are Manu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am far from a fan of LVG but this just seems a stupid and cowardly way to treat a manager - there is enough data now to either support him to the end of the season or sack him, just cruel to let him limp from game to game as it creates a situation he is almost certain to fail.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...r-united-position-match-by-match-derby-county
Louis van Gaal is set to remain in charge for Manchester United’s FA Cup tie at Derby County on Friday, although the manager’s job is being reviewed on a match-by-match basis.

Van Gaal returned from a two-day break in the Netherlands on Tuesday during which he considered his future, having offered to step aside following the 1-0 defeat by Southampton at Old Trafford.

Am far from a fan of LVG but this just seems a stupid and cowardly way to treat a manager - there is enough data now to either support him to the end of the season or sack him, just cruel to let him limp from game to game as it creates a situation he is almost certain to fail.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...r-united-position-match-by-match-derby-county
Louis van Gaal is set to remain in charge for Manchester United’s FA Cup tie at Derby County on Friday, although the manager’s job is being reviewed on a match-by-match basis.

Van Gaal returned from a two-day break in the Netherlands on Tuesday during which he considered his future, having offered to step aside following the 1-0 defeat by Southampton at Old Trafford.
When you say limp on, there doesn't seem to be any pressure from the Club for him to go, just a proportion of fans (like us) and the massed ranks of the press who have been shown to be making things up because they want him to fail as it's a bigger drama than them limping along into 3-4th place.
there's only denials that he offered to resign and no evidence that he's even (or ever) contemplating it.

When you say limp on, there doesn't seem to be any pressure from the Club for him to go, just a proportion of fans (like us) and the massed ranks of the press who have been shown to be making things up because they want him to fail as it's a bigger drama than them limping along into 3-4th place.
there's only denials that he offered to resign and no evidence that he's even (or ever) contemplating it.
So you think the match-match stuff is all just made up and he has the full support of the Utd board until the summer?

Feels different to me, will be especially interesting if the distance widens to the champions league spots, but guess we'll see!

So you think the match-match stuff is all just made up and he has the full support of the Utd board until the summer?
Feels different to me, will be especially interesting if the distance widens to the champions league spots, but guess we'll see!
I think they are very nervous about what's going to happen, and the sponsors are even twitchier. They obviously don't want Jose and the only other option would be Giggs with Fergie overseeing until the Summer which might not actually be an improvement considering it would involve a change of style and they aren't 'Fergie's choice of player'. Would be very risky.
I think he's got until the Summer, then they can look at things when the manager they'd replace him with might be willing to move (if they haven't already got an agreement with someone).
LVG will get them top4 which at the end of the day is the only thing that matters to them in the short term.

I see the fraud Brendan Rodgers is now saying that he could not become the Utd manager because he managed Liverpool.......No Brenda, you won't be managing any club in the Prem because you were found out for the charlatan that you are.......

I think they are very nervous about what's going to happen, and the sponsors are even twitchier. They obviously don't want Jose and the only other option would be Giggs with Fergie overseeing until the Summer which might not actually be an improvement considering it would involve a change of style and they aren't 'Fergie's choice of player'. Would be very risky.
I think he's got until the Summer, then they can look at things when the manager they'd replace him with might be willing to move (if they haven't already got an agreement with someone).
LVG will get them top4 which at the end of the day is the only thing that matters to them in the short term.
Agree it would be a risk to switch to a temporary manager but not convinced sticking with LVG is less of one. Which of the current top 4 do you see dropping out for Man Utd to take their place?

Agree it would be a risk to switch to a temporary manager but not convinced sticking with LVG is less of one. Which of the current top 4 do you see dropping out for Man Utd to take their place?
Leicester will definitely drop out unfortunately, Vardy has been sussed by defenders now plus he's not looked the same player since his operation at Christmas, he's just this season's Lambert/Michu etc...
There's enough data on them now that managers can plan against them and their squad doesn't have the strength in depth to sustain an extra 3-4 months. They've already shown that without Mahrez they are pretty bog-standard and without direction
They don't have the quality to sustain it. Hope they do, but can't see it.

Reactions: rbm
Leicester will definitely drop out unfortunately, Vardy has been sussed by defenders now plus he's not looked the same player since his operation at Christmas, he's just this season's Lambert/Michu etc...
There's enough data on them now that managers can plan against them and their squad doesn't have the strength in depth to sustain an extra 3-4 months. They've already shown that without Mahrez they are pretty bog-standard and without direction
Might have agreed a couple of weeks ago but Utd are now 10 points behind them - even with 15 games that is a big difference to overhaul unless Leicester absolutely collapse and United go on winning streak. Leicester can also just focus on the league, Utd are currently still in the Europa and FA cup.

The fact that you are basically right just underlines that Mahrez has to be nailed on to be PFA POTY......surely?

I'll be astonished if United are playing CL football next season. I also don't blame them for not wanting José, it would be a terrible message to send out given his treatment of Eva.

As a United fan, I have to say that I'm 100% confident that we won't be getting top four. This season has been an unmitigated disaster right from the off. Despite some decent results at the start of the season, the football that we were playing was pretty dour and with the squad that we currently have, it looked untenable to sustain that kind of form. LvG has lost the fans and it's pretty clear that he's all but lost the team. He appears to have backing from Woodward and the board even if they aren't publically backing him, which is rather strange given the circumstances.

I want him out asap but I'm resigned to the fact that he will probably be here until the end of the season or when top four becomes a mathematical impossibility. I never wanted him in the first place but after the Moyes disaster, I would have taken anyone with a decent track record. The man is stubborn to his own ways and he hasn't and won't evolve his managerial / tactical ways to suit the demands of the PL.

We have regressed something terrible since Fergie left and he has to take some blame for Moyes - even if he attempts to distance himself from the appointment nowadays - but he left a truly unbalanced mess of a squad, in many ways. LvG still has one or two staunch supporters but believe me, they are few and far between. Our club is being run by idiots and managed by an incompetent manager who is stuck in the past and relies on his past achievements to vindicate the crap that is being served up at the minute. I would imagine that we will finish 5th or 6th, but no way I can see us getting top four unless LvG radically changed his tactics and 'philosophy'; that's something I just don't see happening.

Really cant believe how Depay has done at UTD.

Him on the left and Deulofeu on the right would be mouthwatering...if a new manager came in and punted him id hope we went for him.

Can only dream i suppose.

Him on the left and Deulofeu on the right would be mouthwatering...if a new manager came in and punted him id hope we went for him.

aye, rooney up front alongside rom with schweinsteiger in midfield, smalling along side stones and de gea in goal.

Depay has been utter gash for us. He has a lot of learning to do in the PL and it's really touch and go at the minute whether he will have a promising future with us or not. A manager that plays more expansive football than LvG and actually gives the lad some confidence would be a start to see how he will progress. He's going nowhere fast under LvG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back