Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

How stupid are Manu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caught up with some Utd fans over email recently and they are now saying they were wrong about Moyes....wished they had given him another season with a bit of patience as they hate LVG style and think hes wasted the money...

Theyre also saying theyre not sure about Mourinho but also although Giggs is there they have no idea if tactically he is up to it though could bring the UTD free flowing football back

All this talk of Pep and UTD needing mourinho to compete is daft i think....id give it to giggs and get ferguson in as a mentor.

I'd like to see this just to see them fall even further off the pace, based on absolutely nothing at all I reckon Giggs would be a terrible terrible manager.

I think that he was making the point (2) that if the journalists name was being plastered all over the newspapers saying that he would be sacked and that it may affect his wife/kids/relatives, then the journalist might not be too happy. LVG has a valid point here in that he believes his position is secure, yet journalists are publicly saying otherwise with the obvious detrimental effect upon his family.......
Although that is true, having people speculate about whether you are going to be fired is part and parcel of any football managers job let alone Uniteds. Given the common tenure is less than a year, it is an understandable one.

Rumours of things going on behind his back are unpleasant but will always be there unless his results improve, especially since there is a large gap opeing up to his minimal 4th place target - at his age and experience he isn't naive enough to think it wouldn't. Playing the "think of the wife and kids" card seems a bit pathetic if I'm honest.

I'd like to see this just to see them fall even further off the pace, ebased on absolutely nothing at all I reckon Giggs would be a terrible terrible manager.

Me too. However with Ferguson behind him and the fans onside IF he brought back pure attacking football (being a winger and playing under SAF id expect so) it could be really fun to watch from afar for a season before it all imploded.

Also would cost UTD a fortune as they would have to change their squad again!

Just shows it's a load of rubbish about the United fans wanting more free flowing football that Moyes and LVG couldn't give them because they want Jose as their next manager. The blokes a fantastic manager but he's not going to bring the Fergie type football back to Old Trafford. They just want to be back up there again at any cost and won't hold Jose to account like they have done LVG.

Just shows it's a load of rubbish about the United fans wanting more free flowing football that Moyes and LVG couldn't give them because they want Jose as their next manager. The blokes a fantastic manager but he's not going to bring the Fergie type football back to Old Trafford. They just want to be back up there again at any cost and won't hold Jose to account like they have done LVG.

It's almost like in "Extras" where Ricky Gervais meets his agent and he spells it in rather blunt words, you want fame and fortune or do you want integrity?

Fame and fortune please:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Go United :pint2:

It'll be like the kopites post-Benitez, a slow but steady lowering of expectations. I'm so looking forward to those horrible spoiled fans having to put up with being midtable for a number of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back