Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

How stupid are Manu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depay has been utter gash for us. He has a lot of learning to do in the PL and it's really touch and go at the minute whether he will have a promising future with us or not. A manager that plays more expansive football than LvG and actually gives the lad some confidence would be a start to see how he will progress. He's going nowhere fast under LvG.

How much did you spend on him, £25mil? If someone new came in and he became available then if we had the money i think he would be a perfect fit for us.

Hows that Darmian at RB? Seemed highly rated and italian national team starter but havent heard much, i was expecting you to be in for coleman in the summer actually and also even Baines possibly as a quick fix at LB for a couple of years with all the cash LVG threw around.

How much did you spend on him, £25mil? If someone new came in and he became available then if we had the money i think he would be a perfect fit for us.

Hows that Darmian at RB? Seemed highly rated and italian national team starter but havent heard much, i was expecting you to be in for coleman in the summer actually and also even Baines possibly as a quick fix at LB for a couple of years with all the cash LVG threw around.

He was closer to £30m I think. He was an absolute beast for PSV last season but he's struggled for us. He played well against Brugge early on in the CL qualifiers, but it's been downhill since. It clearly isn't the right environment at the moment for young players to flourish especially attacking ones.

Darmian has been extremely poor since September. He started off looking brilliant and him and Shaw looked the real deal at fullback but since Shaws' injury he's been very very poor. He's been shifted around at left and right back and been very error prone and slow. In fairness it's his first season and I haven't fully given up hope with him but he needs major improving. Coleman is the one I wanted, and it's bizarre that we weren't in for him really. On the United forum I post on, plenty didn't want Coleman and were mad for Darmian. I would say the majority had never seen Darmian play but y'know, Coleman isn't an exotic enough name for some.

LVG at Utd next season?
http://www.theguardian.com/football...-gaal-manchester-united-awful-horrible-resign
Louis van Gaal went on the attack at his pre-FA Cup press conference when asked to clarify whether he had offered to resign after last weekend’s home defeat by Southampton, before admitting that a similar result in Friday night’s tie at Derby County could get him the sack. “We cannot lose to a Championship club,” he said. Over the resignation issue the Manchester Unitedmanager claimed he was being questioned about his future in a disrespectful way and complained his treatment by the media had been “awful and horrible” but perhaps significantly he did not offer a direct answer.

“I don’t think I have mentioned that ever,” Van Gaal said. “You make your own stories and I am concerned that people believe what you write. This is the third time I am sacked and I am still sitting here. You write all these stories and then I have to answer questions about them. I am not doing that, it is awful and horrible.” That may be how the Dutch manager feels, though there is a distinction between offering to resign and being sacked, one that Van Gaal seems to be trying to blur. And it remains true that the first person to mention the possibility of resigning, or walking away before waiting to be sacked, was Van Gaal himself at the Britannia Stadium after the Boxing Day defeat by Stoke.

The manager who now says he never mentioned the subject of resignation said at the end of December: “I can quit by myself.” A slight upturn in results in the new year put the matter on hold but a manager of Van Gaal’s immense experience ought to know that, if you place such a comment on public record, it will naturally resurface should performances take a turn for the worse.

Van Gaal conceded the fourth-round Cup tie at Derby had become a game he could not afford to lose. “Maybe then you will have written the truth [about him being sacked] because sometimes it happens. I cannot lose any more, because if I do then I am condemned to being sacked for a fourth time.” The United manager accepted performances had dipped, though he cited injuries as a contributory factor to the side dropping out of the top four, and agreed that fans had a right to make their feelings heard after the manner of the last defeat. “It is always like that when you lose a game, especially in the last minute,” he said. “If you play badly and win you are not so fed up but you can also play well and lose, as we did at Chelsea last year, and then you are more fed up than ever.”

Although some United supporters at the end of the Southampton game looked as if they could not possibly be more fed up, they should brace themselves. Van Gaal has reiterated his intention to see out his three-year contract. “Everybody knows I have signed here for three years. I don’t answer any more questions about that because you are making your own stories but I have always said that it is not one game but a process. I want to continue until the end. I know that the results have not been as good as expected but we are all professionals here. It is your duty as a manager and a player to cope with the criticism and stand up again. We are only at halfway – there is still time to improve.”

http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-un...inho-increasingly-confident-in-man-united-job
representatives are increasingly confident he will be Manchester United manager next season, sources have told ESPN FC, although a deal has yet to be signed.

The Portuguese's camp now believe there is significant enthusiasm for his appointment among key members of the Old Trafford hierarchy, with Louis van Gaal expected to leave in the summer.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/06/louis-van-gaal-jose-mourinho-manchester-united
Louis van Gaal has described speculation that Manchester United are in discussions with José Mourinho as nonsense and complained that stories continually linking the former Chelsea manager with his job are hurtful to his family and friends.

“The last two months have been very difficult for my wife, my kids, my grandchildren and my friends to cope with,” the United manager said. “For me too, but I can cope. In the Netherlands they know I am too arrogant to doubt myself, but I also know that such a nonsense is being created about me. I do not believe that there is already a relationship between José Mourinho and Manchester United.”

United maintain a stance that there is no need to comment, even though the BBC was foremost among news organisations insisting contact has been made between Mourinho and the club. Whether that means Mourinho, or merely his agent, Jorge Mendes, is unclear. The latter appears to have been trying to push his client in United’s direction, although as a representative of several leading players he could have other reasons for liaising with the club.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/06/louis-van-gaal-jose-mourinho-manchester-united
Louis van Gaal has described speculation that Manchester United are in discussions with José Mourinho as nonsense and complained that stories continually linking the former Chelsea manager with his job are hurtful to his family and friends.

“The last two months have been very difficult for my wife, my kids, my grandchildren and my friends to cope with,” the United manager said. “For me too, but I can cope. In the Netherlands they know I am too arrogant to doubt myself, but I also know that such a nonsense is being created about me. I do not believe that there is already a relationship between José Mourinho and Manchester United.”

United maintain a stance that there is no need to comment, even though the BBC was foremost among news organisations insisting contact has been made between Mourinho and the club. Whether that means Mourinho, or merely his agent, Jorge Mendes, is unclear. The latter appears to have been trying to push his client in United’s direction, although as a representative of several leading players he could have other reasons for liaising with the club.
He's gone. He knows he is gone. He is a kok.

He's gone. He knows he is gone. He is a kok.

1-- He insulted a journalist calling him "fat man". This is very unprofessonal and also disgustingly rude.

2-- I havent seen it but reportee that a journalist after yesterdays game was told he wanted his name so his wife and kids etc would all see it in public when he was sacked.

This is just mental really and in the same way Tim Howard gets abuse i think its fair enough when hes making such statements to others.

You wouldnt see Martinez acting like this...i think managers should have class like Bobby Robson.

1-- He insulted a journalist calling him "fat man". This is very unprofessonal and also disgustingly rude.

2-- I havent seen it but reportee that a journalist after yesterdays game was told he wanted his name so his wife and kids etc would all see it in public when he was sacked.

This is just mental really and in the same way Tim Howard gets abuse i think its fair enough when hes making such statements to others.

You wouldnt see Martinez acting like this...i think managers should have class like Bobby Robson.

I think that he was making the point (2) that if the journalists name was being plastered all over the newspapers saying that he would be sacked and that it may affect his wife/kids/relatives, then the journalist might not be too happy. LVG has a valid point here in that he believes his position is secure, yet journalists are publicly saying otherwise with the obvious detrimental effect upon his family.......

I think that he was making the point (2) that if the journalists name was being plastered all over the newspapers saying that he would be sacked and that it may affect his wife/kids/relatives, then the journalist might not be too happy. LVG has a valid point here in that he believes his position is secure, yet journalists are publicly saying otherwise with the obvious detrimental effect upon his family.......

Good point, i didnt notice before but hes also claimed that his relatives are subjected to stress with all these stories...so makes sense.

Still, the first point i think is vulgar and unneccessary...if i was a journalist there id have said something at him if he said something like that within my earshot....basic bullying really.

Thought he was brilliant at ajax but now i think hes goosed...signed a lot of players on big money but in the end depay and martial are the 2 key long term signings and both seem to be tasked with defending which leads to a few errors especially with depay.

i know we were in for martial before but if we had him and depay i think they would be doing a lot better individually under martinez.

Which i think shows how good martinez is and how good he could become.

Good point, i didnt notice before but hes also claimed that his relatives are subjected to stress with all these stories...so makes sense.

Still, the first point i think is vulgar and unneccessary...if i was a journalist there id have said something at him if he said something like that within my earshot....basic bullying really.

Thought he was brilliant at ajax but now i think hes goosed...signed a lot of players on big money but in the end depay and martial are the 2 key long term signings and both seem to be tasked with defending which leads to a few errors especially with depay.

i know we were in for martial before but if we had him and depay i think they would be doing a lot better individually under martinez.

Which i think shows how good martinez is and how good he could become.

I think LVG is no better than David Moyes, he just has a bigger ego.........

I think LVG is no better than David Moyes, he just has a bigger ego.........

Caught up with some Utd fans over email recently and they are now saying they were wrong about Moyes....wished they had given him another season with a bit of patience as they hate LVG style and think hes wasted the money...

Theyre also saying theyre not sure about Mourinho but also although Giggs is there they have no idea if tactically he is up to it though could bring the UTD free flowing football back

All this talk of Pep and UTD needing mourinho to compete is daft i think....id give it to giggs and get ferguson in as a mentor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back