Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

How stupid are Manu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Marty was was listing the big lad in the team Ferguson won his last title with, Andy.

And I am loving how a cup tie away to Northampton has taken on the proportions of a "must win" game for them :)
Hi Khal,
Was simply noting that despite the hammer he gets from Manure fans and pundits, Felli is actually a key player for them at present. He's a loose cannon at times, but he can play when he puts his mind to it.

And just how much fun would it be if they lost to Northampton ?? :D

Hi Khal,
Was simply noting that despite the hammer he gets from Manure fans and pundits, Felli is actually a key player for them at present. He's a loose cannon at times, but he can play when he puts his mind to it.

And just how much fun would it be if they lost to Northampton ?? :D

For sure.....he is far from the worst player they have right now.

Better than Pogba so far this season :)

For sure.....he is far from the worst player they have right now.

Better than Pogba so far this season :)
I'm bemused how Pogba, even at today's wacky prices, can be seen as worth £89 million.

On initial impact value alone, the fee is obscene and then compare it to the £7.2 million we paid for Gana Gueye... I think I know who up to now has gotten the better deal.
Long may those idiots waste money.

If anyone has access to the Times would be grateful if you could post the rest of this article

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/mourinhos-rant-at-shaw-lacks-class-7vfqbmzp9
Ross Barkley and Luke Shaw are sensitive characters mindful of criticism, especially from those who shape their careers. Both have been challenged publicly over recent performances by their respective managers, Ronald Koeman and José Mourinho. Koeman’s approach was a masterclass in educating Barkley that Mourinho could do with learning quickly before further alienating Shaw.

Koeman’s style was straightforward. He explained his decision to sub Barkley at half-time during Everton’s 3-0 win away to Sunderland eight days ago in matter-of-fact terms with a constant undertone of belief in Barkley. “He didn’t show the level I expect,” Koeman said, signalling the standards…

I'm bemused how Pogba, even at today's wacky prices, can be seen as worth £89 million.

On initial impact value alone, the fee is obscene and then compare it to the £7.2 million we paid for Gana Gueye... I think I know who up to now has gotten the better deal.
Long may those idiots waste money.
Most ridiculous price for a player I've never really seen do anything out of the ordinary. Mourinho just can't do togger without superstars though can he?

Are they really any better off now than they were under Moyes? Bearing in mind the crazy money they've thrown Van Gaal and now Mourinho's way. I know it was too big of a job for Moyes but at least he wasn't spending £200m+ on players. Pogba looks an embarrassment for such a high fee and their (and England's) desperation to find a position for Rooney is baffling to me

Hopefully we can put even more pressure on them Saturday!!

Yes they won the title in 2012-13 but you could tell the empire was crumbling and there was nothing to replace the rotting foundation.
It was just the case of a bunch of olds having one more year left in them. And then once RVP took his customary trip to the training table they were sunk. The prem was also a trash fire that year (WBA 49pts - 8th). For all the talk about LC being the worst champions ever I think they would have beat them in 2 legged tie. In the 4 years prior they had 2 excellent buys (RVP - thanks for the title Arsenal who was only functional for a year, and DeGea who they only managed to keep by dumb luck) and 3 good buys (Smalling, Hernandez - gone, Valencia - now spare parts). With plenty of bad buys (Kagawa, Bebe!, Phil Jones, Obertan etc). LOL Ashley Young was one of their better buys.

I don't think Moyes has been any different, and you make the case that Moyes buys were a lot better than VGs and Jose's. After it was apparent the vets weren't going to play for Moyes the only options were to
-Keep Moyes. clear out all the vets + Rooney and start from scratch with young guys which would have been a 4-5 year plan minimum and if it doesn't work you risk becoming what the RS has turned into.
-get rid of the Moyes. Throw gobs of money around in the hopes of a rapid turnaround.

They chose the 2nd option and it would have worked but its not the 90s-early 00s anymore and world's best wanted to go to City or Chelsea instead. Bale split for RM, Kante went to Chelsea, Mahrez stayed at LC, DiMaria didn't want to go there and played like he didn't want to be there, Marital might be as good as Rom someday. Schweinstiger last year was what Rooney is this year. Its turned into the 4-5 year plan they wanted to avoid under Moyes and they are still at serious risk into becoming what the RS has become. So yea no change. All they have to build around after 4 years is DeGea (if he stays), Rashford (who's game hasn't been picked apart by scouts yet), Marital (work in progress) and maybe Pogba (Fellani has to go if Pogba stays because together that's not going to work).

That being said if the top 8 beats each other up and Ibra has say a 25 goal season they could realisitically finish 2nd-4th. However he's a band-aid, a damn good band-aid but its not going to be a change things in the long run.

If the players buy fully into the managers ideas and approach we can do mate, the great start will have helped and although it's a dangerous game besides city away we have a good run of games eitgercside of that, December's a bitch with United, the Derby, arsenal and leicester in a five game period, but the first three of those are at home and with momentum going into that run the anythings possible, koeman at saints I seem to think had a good record against the sky faves as well
It's also around Christmas when results can be random. Not ideal but Leicester had something similar and pulled through just simply because they had the momentum.

Yes they won the title in 2012-13 but you could tell the empire was crumbling and there was nothing to replace the rotting foundation.
It was just the case of a bunch of olds having one more year left in them. And then once RVP took his customary trip to the training table they were sunk. The prem was also a trash fire that year (WBA 49pts - 8th). For all the talk about LC being the worst champions ever I think they would have beat them in 2 legged tie. In the 4 years prior they had 2 excellent buys (RVP - thanks for the title Arsenal who was only functional for a year, and DeGea who they only managed to keep by dumb luck) and 3 good buys (Smalling, Hernandez - gone, Valencia - now spare parts). With plenty of bad buys (Kagawa, Bebe!, Phil Jones, Obertan etc). LOL Ashley Young was one of their better buys.

I don't think Moyes has been any different, and you make the case that Moyes buys were a lot better than VGs and Jose's. After it was apparent the vets weren't going to play for Moyes the only options were to
-Keep Moyes. clear out all the vets + Rooney and start from scratch with young guys which would have been a 4-5 year plan minimum and if it doesn't work you risk becoming what the RS has turned into.
-get rid of the Moyes. Throw gobs of money around in the hopes of a rapid turnaround.

They chose the 2nd option and it would have worked but its not the 90s-early 00s anymore and world's best wanted to go to City or Chelsea instead. Bale split for RM, Kante went to Chelsea, Mahrez stayed at LC, DiMaria didn't want to go there and played like he didn't want to be there, Marital might be as good as Rom someday. Schweinstiger last year was what Rooney is this year. Its turned into the 4-5 year plan they wanted to avoid under Moyes and they are still at serious risk into becoming what the RS has become. So yea no change. All they have to build around after 4 years is DeGea (if he stays), Rashford (who's game hasn't been picked apart by scouts yet), Marital (work in progress) and maybe Pogba (Fellani has to go if Pogba stays because together that's not going to work).

That being said if the top 8 beats each other up and Ibra has say a 25 goal season they could realisitically finish 2nd-4th. However he's a band-aid, a damn good band-aid but its not going to be a change things in the long run.
Utd still have a lot of good players. Mourinho just has to pick the best "team" and that means dropping Rooney and playing Pogba further forward.

They will be in the top 2 at the end of the season. People/Media are going well over the top.

They have signed quality players.

If anyone has access to the Times would be grateful if you could post the rest of this article

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/mourinhos-rant-at-shaw-lacks-class-7vfqbmzp9
Ross Barkley and Luke Shaw are sensitive characters mindful of criticism, especially from those who shape their careers. Both have been challenged publicly over recent performances by their respective managers, Ronald Koeman and José Mourinho. Koeman’s approach was a masterclass in educating Barkley that Mourinho could do with learning quickly before further alienating Shaw.

Koeman’s style was straightforward. He explained his decision to sub Barkley at half-time during Everton’s 3-0 win away to Sunderland eight days ago in matter-of-fact terms with a constant undertone of belief in Barkley. “He didn’t show the level I expect,” Koeman said, signalling the standards…

Most bizarre that Shaw business, the lad is injured now with small grown tear, could explain his performance, Mourinho is busted flush walking into money laden clubs and flaunting his ego about. The united team is lazy and poor defensively, I'm amazed we got Williams, thought United or the gunners might have snuck off with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back