Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

How stupid are Manu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea tbh, last I looked the project seemed to have stalled a bit but @mezzrow might know more of the state gossip.

Inchy got the sack back in July. OC are mired in the lower reaches of the table, and thank their lucky stars there is no relegation.

Attendance stays good, however. They are right behind Seattle in 2016.

I don't think it would matter who they had appointed.

All this chopping and changing the squad and feeling the "need" to believe they are the "biggest club in the world" by paying ludicrously over the odds for Pogba so they boast they have the world's most expensive player and appointing the world's most high profile coach whom was past his sell by date twelve months ago is the road to no town.

They needed to step back a bit, take stock and then kick on again with new management with fresh ideas, no pressure to produce immediately and a bit of time to re-build the team.

That ain't allowed to happen because the fans sense of entitlement makes impossible demands on them in the here and now.

So they went for the quick fix with Jose......and all the baggage he comes with.

The pursuit of the corporate dollar means they are afraid of falling down the pecking order for fear of losing profile and with it the muscle to write their own cheque with potential sponsors.......so decisions are taken for the wrong reasons.

The continued rise of City has de-stabilised Manchester United to such a degree they are forever playing catch up and it is sapping at their confidence.

Long may it continue :dance:

This is 100% spot on analysis of the difficulties at Man. Utd. They are petrified at the thought of losing profile compared to the other "superbrands" and are manically pursuing storylines that get them trending on social media rather than rebuilding.

A 34 year old new striker !!!!

Spurs a given for me to finish top 4

They got C-league plus Chelsea, Man Utd and (probably) Arsenal are better. Kane is now hurt. Not so sure. There might be a giant cluster#$%k from #2-7 with us, Spuds, Arse, Chelsea, Man utd, RS and I'm still not counting out Leciester for a top 4 spot. Salami looks decent. LC might breeze though the group stage and be able to rest guys as well.

He left them Champions by 11 clear points.

Moyes came along, sacked off all the personnel behind Ferguson who knew how to get the job done and replaced them with Steve Round, Jimmy Lumsden and Chris Woods - told world class players to defend like Phil Jagielka and attack like Kevin Mirallas and basically crashed the whole lot over the cliff.

The result: a top European football institution killed stone dead for a generation.

Well in Moyesie.
World class defenders? What has Vidic, Ferdinand, Rafael etc done since leaving Utd. Only Evre proved him wrong and he like a few others was a bad egg when things started not going their way.

Their midfield was Carrick, Fellaini, Cleverley, Anderson, Fletcher, Giggs and Kagawa.
Their attack was Nani, Rooney, van Persie who was finished, Chicharito and Welbeck.

They were awful.

Fergie ruled that place with an iron fist. When he left the players had the attitude no one is Fergie and worth their respect. Worst of all unlike the first time when Mourinho left Chelsea the players were also rubbish.

Put those players in any other team that year and they would be no better than mid table.

At least De Gea got plenty of practice.

World class defenders? What has Vidic, Ferdinand, Rafael etc done since leaving Utd. Only Evre proved him wrong and he like a few others was a bad egg when things started not going their way.

Their midfield was Carrick, Fellaini, Cleverley, Anderson, Fletcher, Giggs and Kagawa.
Their attack was Nani, Rooney, van Persie who was finished, Chicharito and Welbeck.

They were awful.

Fergie ruled that place with an iron fist. When he left the players had the attitude no one is Fergie and worth their respect. Worst of all unlike the first time when Mourinho left Chelsea the players were also rubbish.

Put those players in any other team that year and they would be no better than mid table.

Van Persie pretty much single-handedly won that last United title, then he was injured most of the next season. Take him and his goals out of the team and they'd of struggled to get top four, SAF or no.

They got C-league plus Chelsea, Man Utd and (probably) Arsenal are better. Kane is now hurt. Not so sure. There might be a giant cluster#$%k from #2-7 with us, Spuds, Arse, Chelsea, Man utd, RS and I'm still not counting out Leciester for a top 4 spot. Salami looks decent. LC might breeze though the group stage and be able to rest guys as well.
Definitely the first time in as long as I can recall a start to a season with the top 7 after 5 matches all the top teams probably.
Only Man City look a class above.

Definitely the first time in as long as I can recall a start to a season with the top 7 after 5 matches all the top teams probably.
Only Man City look a class above.

City did last season after five games though as well mate, too early to predict then running away with it I think, two weeks time they have spurs away followed by us home, they win both those them yeah they will looks really strong favourites, but they drop points in both then it changes everything again.

Two games ago everyone was saying city/United will run away and look at United now.

City did last season after five games though as well mate, too early to predict then running away with it I think, two weeks time they have spurs away followed by us home, they win both those them yeah they will looks really strong favourites, but they drop points in both then it changes everything again.

Two games ago everyone was saying city/United will run away and look at United now.
Going to be some season! Imagine how exciting if we are challenging the top 4 until the end.

He left them Champions by 11 clear points.

Moyes came along, sacked off all the personnel behind Ferguson who knew how to get the job done and replaced them with Steve Round, Jimmy Lumsden and Chris Woods - told world class players to defend like Phil Jagielka and attack like Kevin Mirallas and basically crashed the whole lot over the cliff.

The result: a top European football institution killed stone dead for a generation.

Well in Moyesie.

I always knew there was something we should genuinely thank Moysie for and in wrecking Manu, he absolutely excelled himself.

Are they really any better off now than they were under Moyes? Bearing in mind the crazy money they've thrown Van Gaal and now Mourinho's way. I know it was too big of a job for Moyes but at least he wasn't spending £200m+ on players. Pogba looks an embarrassment for such a high fee and their (and England's) desperation to find a position for Rooney is baffling to me

Hopefully we can put even more pressure on them Saturday!!

Going to be some season! Imagine how exciting if we are challenging the top 4 until the end.

If the players buy fully into the managers ideas and approach we can do mate, the great start will have helped and although it's a dangerous game besides city away we have a good run of games eitgercside of that, December's a bitch with United, the Derby, arsenal and leicester in a five game period, but the first three of those are at home and with momentum going into that run the anythings possible, koeman at saints I seem to think had a good record against the sky faves as well

They were awful.

Fellani?

Statistically at least, Felli was their 'best' player by some distance on Sunday.
Made up thy got stuffed though :celebrate:

I thought Marty was was listing the big lad in the team Ferguson won his last title with, Andy.

And I am loving how a cup tie away to Northampton has taken on the proportions of a "must win" game for them :)

Are they really any better off now than they were under Moyes?
Strange one really as I think on paper it would be fair to argue that they now posses a much more competitive squad with elements of youth.

Not to totally disregard the talent that he did have at his disposal, but there were numerous players who were at the time waning due to their age.

The likes of Ferdinand, Vidić, Evra, Giggs and van Persie (while still reasonable players) were clearly beyond their prime when he took over.

There were also the likes of Nani, Anderson, Rafael, Fabio and Zahal et al who weren't really setting the world alight. It was a poison chalice!

If you compared that with their squad now then it's hard not to say that they have a much deeper abundance of talent who are in their prime.

Yet for whatever reason, they seem stuck in the continual rut of playing dire football with players looking as if they're weighted down by fear.

If José can remedy the problems that Moyes and van Gaal experienced then they should challenge again - he seems to be struggling however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back