Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

How stupid are Manu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not hardly :)

They are stuck with Wayne until then.

For the same reason we are stuck with Niasse for two more years......no one is going to match his wages.
For two years? I would have thought it would have been longer. Shows someone at the club wasn't an idiot and didn't believe in this transfer.

Points to Martinez forcing it through out of desperation.

Think we was poor under LVG as he was asked to defend and chase back so much.

Will be the same under Mourinho. If he's played as an out and out winger or given a free role i think he would get his form back but needs a run of games.
He's not good enough for a top team to be given that role. A bit like Deulofeu. He will either have to adapt and work hard or he will drop down to the likes of Palace and Stoke.

I wonder whether Jose's bubble has finally burtst far too early? Seems to be struggling at any club he goes to. No offense to watford but united should be beating them.

I wonder if jose could really struggle there to consistently get points over the season to keep them in a title race. give him another summer and i am sure he will gut that squad.

For two years? I would have thought it would have been longer. Shows someone at the club wasn't an idiot and didn't believe in this transfer.

I am saying two years Marty but I might be wrong.

In fact it probably is a three year contract.....minimum :(

Rooney, van Gaal, Mourinho these people are incidental to the downturn of United.

Moyes killed that club stone dead when Ferguson stepped aside. It was the most crucial decision they needed to get right and they hired a terrible manager for an elite club. I honestly don't think matters could have been worse if they'd just handed the reins to Giggs. They didn't though and that divvy was hired and the rest is history. It was such a terrible decision that it's actually done the impossible: tarnished SAFs legacy at United.

nah it was obvious moyes was going to fail, ferguson left major major problems in that side and since then they've been trying to spend their way out of them

How much have they spent since Moyes got sacked? Got to be over £400m and they are no better now than back when they sacked Moyes.
Their squad is a lot better. They just haven't found the solution to the jigsaw of how to put them all together.

Moyes had rubbish players. He was playing with an 18 year old Januazaj, Cleverly etc and a load of defenders well past their prime.

Frankly looking back on it Moyes did well to get them to 7th that year. Once the Fergie fear factor had gone and teams realized they were very ordinary it was a cluster****.

nah it was obvious moyes was going to fail, ferguson left major major problems in that side and since then they've been trying to spend their way out of them
He left them Champions by 11 clear points.

Moyes came along, sacked off all the personnel behind Ferguson who knew how to get the job done and replaced them with Steve Round, Jimmy Lumsden and Chris Woods - told world class players to defend like Phil Jagielka and attack like Kevin Mirallas and basically crashed the whole lot over the cliff.

The result: a top European football institution killed stone dead for a generation.

Well in Moyesie.

Rooney, van Gaal, Mourinho these people are incidental to the downturn of United.

Moyes killed that club stone dead when Ferguson stepped aside. It was the most crucial decision they needed to get right and they hired a terrible manager for an elite club. I honestly don't think matters could have been worse if they'd just handed the reins to Giggs. They didn't though and that divvy was hired and the rest is history. It was such a terrible decision that it's actually done the impossible: tarnished SAFs legacy at United.

tbf SAF handed him a bit of a zombie team...it was dead but didn't know it...Igor/Giggs and Co. weren't going to let Franken-Moyes attach it to the lightening machine...even if he knew which wires went where...and he didn't.

aka; hiding to nothing...and it hasn't got much better.

There's an outside chance that Mourinho will have a serious crack at the Clough / Leeds / 31days thing...well you know what I mean. I think he'll walk.

I often wondered if Martinez faced the same issues we faced this transfer window and his hand was forced by the clubs lack of pulling power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back