Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

How stupid are Manu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tbf SAF handed him a bit of a zombie team...it was dead but didn't know it...Igor/Giggs and Co. weren't going to let Franken-Moyes attach it to the lightening machine...even if he knew which wires went where...and he didn't.

aka; hiding to nothing...and it hasn't got much better.

There's an outside chance that Mourinho will have a serious crack at the Clough / Leeds / 31days thing...well you know what I mean. I think he'll walk.

Thought it was 44, same as Jock Stein !!

tbf SAF handed him a bit of a zombie team...it was dead but didn't know it...Igor/Giggs and Co. weren't going to let Franken-Moyes attach it to the lightening machine...even if he knew which wires went where...and he didn't.

aka; hiding to nothing...and it hasn't got much better.

There's an outside chance that Mourinho will have a serious crack at the Clough / Leeds / 31days thing...well you know what I mean. I think he'll walk.
A team that led a procession to the title the season before should at least have achieved a CL place with ease.

Moyes told Phelan and Meulensteen to swing it because he knew best and didn't need their vast experience...because he'd proven what a genius he was at Evereton reaching an average of 59/60 points for 11 seasons. How could that plan have failed to come off? :coffee:

A team that led a procession to the title the season before should at least have achieved a CL place with ease.

Moyes told Phelan and Meulensteen to swing it because he knew best and didn't need their vast experience...because he'd proven what a genius he was at Evereton reaching an average of 59/60 points for 11 seasons. How could that plan have failed to come off? :coffee:
lol

them two combined would have done a better job than moyes

tbh, many of us could see it coming...when it was announced I had only 2 words for it...Wilf McGuinness

lol

them two combined would have done a better job than moyes
It's absolutely true. The United players would have just seen continuity and performed with their usual professionalism to get at least CL football again.

Moyes came in and tried to order about people like Rio Ferdinand like he was talking to Victor Anichebe.

I'm just amazed he lasted almost a season.

It's absolutely true. The United players would have just seen continuity and performed with their usual professionalism to get at least CL football again.

Moyes came in and tried to order about people like Rio Ferdinand like he was talking to Victor Anichebe.

I'm just amazed he lasted almost a season.

said it at the time and maintained it ever since.

Essentially the Moyes in a nutshell was this. a squad that was used to winning, being better than their opponments and winning trophies were suddenly being told to defend 1-0 leads against bottom half teams. You had a dressing room full of egos and winners being told to do the complete opposite and play as the weaker team.

Was never going to work, even rio Ferdinand said afterwards that was pretty much the case, they couldn't believe how negative and defeatist he was.

News thump .......

Man United struggling to replace Howard Webb, insists Jose Mourinho...

Following a third straight defeat, Man United manager Jose Mourinho has insisted the club have never recovered from Howard Webb’s retirement.

Speaking after United’s 3-1 defeat to Watford, the former Real Madrid and Chelsea boss claimed the current crop of Man United referees are failing to produce when it matters.

“We gave Mark Clattenburg an opportunity to send off their goalkeeper and award a penalty in the game against Manchester City,” he explained.

“He failed to take his chance so Jesús Gil Manzano started the next game.

“Yet he completely ignored the collective value of my squad by allowing Feyenoord to win.”

Despite the 3-1 defeat against Watford, Mourinho was less critical of referee Michael Oliver’s performance.

“He made some individual mistakes, but we can work on those in training,” he said

Mourinho throwing his players under the bus again - great way to wreck the confidence of a young player who is just getting back from a serious injury

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/s...mourinhos-treatment-of-injured-shaw-vxmlvm8q9
Luke Shaw had suffered a recurrence of a long-standing groin injury and was playing through the pain barrier when he made the mistake which enabled Watford to score their crucial second goal in Manchester United’s 3-1 defeat at Vicarage Road yesterday.

José Mourinho was scathing about Shaw’s error afterwards, singling the left back out for criticism for failing to close down Nordin Amrabat in the build-up to Juan Camilo Zúñiga’s 83rd-minute strike, but The Times has learnt that he was playing with a restricted physical capacity.

said it at the time and maintained it ever since.

Essentially the Moyes in a nutshell was this. a squad that was used to winning, being better than their opponments and winning trophies were suddenly being told to defend 1-0 leads against bottom half teams. You had a dressing room full of egos and winners being told to do the complete opposite and play as the weaker team.

Was never going to work, even rio Ferdinand said afterwards that was pretty much the case, they couldn't believe how negative and defeatist he was.

Spot on that. I can't stand the likes of Ferdinand with their egos. I dare say SAF couldn't either, but he managed to hold his nose and dominate them by the power of his own intensity to win. Moyes had "let's be solid" as a philosophy and was completely out of his depth.

I've said lately that he's on his way back to PNE...that's his destiny. Truth be told, he was always that class and got extremely lucky being at a club like this when he finished us 17th and was allowed to carry on after his second season.

Needs to get back to basics ala 04-05 and stop believing his self penned legend or he'll take S'Land down...if he lasts that long
He's a manager now that trades in excuses. How can he take that job up and think he can get away with complaining about resources?

Moyes is done at this level. He did ok for us in a bygone age, but he's a dinosaur and need to take the drop into the Championship at the very least. No disgrace in that. He's squeezed out the best from himself and incredibly managed United and a La Liga club. Time for reality to kick in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back