Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

How stupid are Manu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like history repeating itself,moles talking to the papers again during a crisis,happened at Madrid and Chelsea.

Even more alarming is he has lost 15 leagues games in his last 27,previously before that he had lost15 matches in 105 league games.

They really are a club in shambles right nowon the pitch.and failure to get into the CL for successive seasons sees their kit deal go to from 75 million a season to 52 million a season,which in turn adds more pressure on Mourinho to get a CL place.

Always thought that was a weird signing for them. Van Gaal gets dragged through the mud for playing negative boring football so their response is... Mourinho?
They had to. Or they felt they had to. Best manager available so they had to move for him for high stock potential if he done well.

Just a crazy thought, would United have been better off moving for emery instead? Younger, untested here but great record at Sevilla and the chance for him to mould a team to his liking. That or pay money for tuchel (spelling?) And really just get behind a long term project.

Always thought that was a weird signing for them. Van Gaal gets dragged through the mud for playing negative boring football so their response is... Mourinho?

Mourinho was a proven, and recent, winner. It all looks a bit precarious for him at the moment though, his routine unravelling has arrived 3 years ahead of schedule

Playing attractive football and trusting youth is not him tho.

I think the un-attractiveness of Jose's football has long been overstated. I remember his prime years at Chelsea being very watchable, with the usual stifling negativity against the likes of United and Arsenal. His Real side scored for fun too, for what it's worth.

Is there much youth to trust at United? Rashford is good, but I'm not sure anyone would get much change out of the rest. The media have a habit of inflating the ability of young English players, but at the expense of realism. United fans, in particular, clamour for youth as if they think a class of 92 type of thing is part of their destiny, but young players don't have the same mental constitution anymore and are less likely to overcome the challenges of top flight football

strange..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37772298

i genuinely think he is very unhappy at the moment and that is translating to the players
Could well be part of it.

There is something wrong with United though. Maybe too much interference from the board level or something? It seems like even the strongest personalities are having a hell of a time there with both Van Gaal and Mourinho struggling under the pressure. Neither of them are exactly bottlers.

Mourinho would have been better off going anywhere but there, I think. It's a bit of a poison chalice right now, and probably will require a really special personality with no real connection to United to right the ship...someone not intimidated by having Ferguson watch over their shoulder and the business arm probably pushing signings. Or a generation to pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back