Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

How stupid are Manu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Di Maria is a silly signing. Valencia and Ashley Young are clearly better players.

Van Clown knows nothing too, he's only won CL and league titles in every country he's ever managed. Get Moyes back, he knew how to make Everton solid at the back and win, erm, sweet FA in 11 years of trying.

We'll come good, Van Gaal knows what he's got facing him and that's a squad of average players.

When we've got Shaw, Herrera, Rojo, Di Maria bedded in plus our injured players back, we'll be just fine.

Last night's score was a bit of a shocker but the result didn't shock me at all - we played a group of players who simply aren't comfortable in the 3-5-2 system yet. I personally hope we ditch it for a 4-3-3 now we've landed The Angel of Mary.

Enjoy us being crap, lads and lasses - it won't last forever! ;)

Yeah, Di Maria is a silly signing. Valencia and Ashley Young are clearly better players.

Van Clown knows nothing too, he's only won CL and league titles in every country he's ever managed. Get Moyes back, he knew how to make Everton solid at the back and win, erm, sweet FA in 11 years of trying.

We'll come good, Van Gaal knows what he's got facing him and that's a squad of average players.

When we've got Shaw, Herrera, Rojo, Di Maria bedded in plus our injured players back, we'll be just fine.

Last night's score was a bit of a shocker but the result didn't shock me at all - we played a group of players who simply aren't comfortable in the 3-5-2 system yet. I personally hope we ditch it for a 4-3-3 now we've landed The Angel of Mary.

He seems committed to that system though, despite you looking absolutely rank last night, I'd not be surprised if he stuck with it at the weekend.

He's got a massive ego has Van Gaal, and if he feels he's being pressured to change from his 'philosophy' I reckon he's likely to dig his heels in.

Is it not Moyes fault anymore btw?

No-one's saying ADM isn't a good player - he's excellent. But you need a RB, a CB and a CM urgently, just to compete for European qualification. You could have got all three for the same £60m you just spent on a "name" - that's what makes it a silly signing in the eyes of non-Manyoo fans.

Van Gaal is facing the same problem Moyes was: a squad that is largely pony, with five or six exceptions. The degree to which your board is throwing incredible amounts of money around is proof of this.

Have to agree though, with the squad currently at your disposal the 4-3-3 is a no-brainer.

He seems committed to that system though, despite you looking absolutely rank last night, I'd not be surprised if he stuck with it at the weekend.

He's got a massive ego has Van Gaal, and if he feels he's being pressured to change from his 'philosophy' I reckon he's likely to dig his heels in.

Is it not Moyes fault anymore btw?

Moyes was fecking awful. He had no place being manager of Manchester United. He's managed at Preston and Everton, never won a pot. He got you to the lofty heights of FOURTH place, ONCE in 11 years. And he played boring, negative, turgid footy along the way too.

He should never have been appointed in the first place.

The "fault" is Fergie's for letting the squad get stale and for persisting with crap like Anderson, Cleverley, Nani, Young etc for too long.

Van Gaal has the CV which allows fans to give him time. He's trying new things, you just need to see how much work we're doing with the ball in training now compared to Moyes just making us run 10000 laps every session.

We still need better players. Rome wasn't built in a day - we've got lots to sort out behind the scenes. I've said before, I don't think we'll finish 1st-4th this season but rather 5th or 6th. BUT 99% of United supporters are willing to give Van Gaal time because he's got the experience of winning stuff to back it up - and his teams are notorious for being slow starters.

Moyes was fecking awful. He had no place being manager of Manchester United. He's managed at Preston and Everton, never won a pot. He got you to the lofty heights of FOURTH place, ONCE in 11 years. And he played boring, negative, turgid footy along the way too.

He should never have been appointed in the first place.

The "fault" is Fergie's for letting the squad get stale and for persisting with crap like Anderson, Cleverley, Nani, Young etc for too long.

Van Gaal has the CV which allows fans to give him time. He's trying new things, you just need to see how much work we're doing with the ball in training now compared to Moyes just making us run 10000 laps every session.

We still need better players. Rome wasn't built in a day - we've got lots to sort out behind the scenes. I've said before, I don't think we'll finish 1st-4th this season but rather 5th or 6th. BUT 99% of United supporters are willing to give Van Gaal time because he's got the experience of winning stuff to back it up - and his teams are notorious for being slow starters.
I remember this time last season most United fans were saying similar about Moyes i.e. we'll give him time, at least a season etc.

But their patience soon ran out.

Van Gaal's CV might make his credentials better, but I doubt that it'll count for much if he doesn't turn this around quickly.

You need to get a result at Burnley to steady the nerves

I remember this time last season most United fans were saying similar about Moyes i.e. we'll give him time, at least a season etc.

But their patience soon ran out.

Van Gaal's CV might make his credentials better, but I doubt that it'll count for much if he doesn't turn this around quickly.

You need to get a result at Burnley to steady the nerves

The camp was 50/50 on Moyes this time last year. I was one of the 'Moyes Out' brigade from day 1, and I know many other supporters who were the same. It was only your "Top Reds" who believed he would come good, us realistic folk knew he wasn't cut out for the job.

Van Gaal has a huge task in front of him but I'm fully behind him. And if we sack him, who do we get in? Giggs? Back to 4-4-2 and predictable wing play? Who else is there? Klopp is happy at Dortmund, Mourinho happy at Chelsea, Ancellotti happy at Real, Guardiola happy at Bayern.

We're actually lucky that LVG wanted to come to a club that had the likes of Fletcher and Cleverley playing in it's midfield.

Like I said before, he'll do wonders when we have better playing staff. Huge rumours going around today that we're going for Vidal now, offering Hernandez in exchange. From Fletcher and Cleverley to Herrera and Vidal will be huge.

From Valencia and Young to Januzaj and Di Maria will also be huge.

The camp was 50/50 on Moyes this time last year. I was one of the 'Moyes Out' brigade from day 1, and I know many other supporters who were the same. It was only your "Top Reds" who believed he would come good, us realistic folk knew he wasn't cut out for the job.

Van Gaal has a huge task in front of him but I'm fully behind him. And if we sack him, who do we get in? Giggs? Back to 4-4-2 and predictable wing play? Who else is there? Klopp is happy at Dortmund, Mourinho happy at Chelsea, Ancellotti happy at Real, Guardiola happy at Bayern.

We're actually lucky that LVG wanted to come to a club that had the likes of Fletcher and Cleverley playing in it's midfield.

Like I said before, he'll do wonders when we have better playing staff. Huge rumours going around today that we're going for Vidal now, offering Hernandez in exchange. From Fletcher and Cleverley to Herrera and Vidal will be huge.

Players coming to you for Money now, nothing else.

Something that most of you called out City for.

Players with no ambition going to you now.

trouble is the signing of dia maria is more to appease the fans and showing the world of football they can still compete with transfers and signings. in reality they have the fiancial clout. but the once solid foundation is going to take a long while to get back to the consistent levels theyve been accustomed to.

Players coming to you for Money now, nothing else.

Something that most of you called out City for.

Players with no ambition going to you now.

You've spoke to all of these players, have you? You know for a fact that Rojo, Shaw, Di Maria, Herrera etc all joined us just for money? Isn't that why footballers usually move these days? Do you think that Eto'o has joined Everton because just wants to play the game, that he couldn't care less about money?

Some complete and utter trash being spouted in here at times, you just sound bitter and nothing else really. You'd all be made up if you were heavily investing in your squad on players like Di Maria, and don't pretend otherwise!

You've spoke to all of these players, have you? You know for a fact that Rojo, Shaw, Di Maria, Herrera etc all joined us just for money? Isn't that why footballers usually move these days? Do you think that Eto'o has joined Everton because just wants to play the game, that he couldn't care less about money?

Some complete and utter trash being spouted in here at times, you just sound bitter and nothing else really. You'd all be made up if you were heavily investing in your squad on players like Di Maria, and don't pretend otherwise!

This what is happening to you, most of us have been through before, its called grounding.
Now, we are always told we cant "attract" players because we don't have CL football, as players want to play at the top level.
You have no CL football, so the only way you are getting players is the huge amount of money you are spending on them.
I am mainly talking about these "Names" you are obsessed with signing. The others are very much un-known quantities.
Rojo looks ok, nothing special, but time will tell.
Shaw looks good, but very expensive.
Herrera same, 25 with no Spain cap, so he is no world beater.
Fact is, this is were you are at, and with the money you have, clubs are charging way over the odds.
Any top top draw player in their prime agreeing to leave a CL Club, for you are doing so for Money, plain and simple.

I am fully aware Eto has come to us for money, and more playing time, than at a bigger club.
That is the difference between us and you....that grounding a spoke about earlier....it adds a touch or realism in your thinking.

Di Maria as a wing back?

Your buying policy over the last 18 months has been scattergun and lacking in both planning and strategy imo.

Your latest acquisition is a very talented player, but I just don't see how he fits into Van Gaal's chosen 3-5-2 formation.

Mata was bought when you already had 2 or 3 No.10's on the payroll. Fellaini a last minute panic buy. Rojo a world cup purchase. Herrera not even chosen by the current manager, with chunky Shaw the same.

You're in a mess and a marque signing isn't going to change that imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back