Howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its still 21 million pounds worth of player getting the better of a player we bought so long ago I cant remember what we even paid for him

2s 5d?

Goes around Carsley? I thought Cars just stood still and pointed and SWP just walked forward into space and then curled it home. :)

Cars already on a yellow took the toughness out of his game earlier. Wasn't it only eight minutes into the contest. Not good. Still we are having problem closing down people around or in the box.

Yes we are. All the midfielders should be busting a gut to get back, and they all weren't doing that. Including Cars.

You have to ask the question of Cars as to why he lost his head so early on in the game. Lucky to be not sent off, because some ref's would have said they were being man-handled.

he has been quite poor this season i must say, not a patch on last season.

maybe it's because our back 4 is changing alot.

Howards a LEGEND

Last night he had a good performance, as he has done the whole season. To the guy who was saying about his positioning for ballacks freekick dont be so ridiculous, the wall was covering that part, the goalie the other side. If he was to stand where ballack shot the whole goal woudve been wide open.

Hes one of the best in the prem, and one of the best at goodison, Id never swap him, not even if we could bring in petr cech

Maybe at times his intensity level is on full tilt early in a game instead of taking a bit of time to reach maximun thus causing himself to be a wounded indian. I hate to have the blahs this morning but the passing game lacked meaning not probing and first ball touches were awful. Still with some of the players I understand lack of first team football like Faddy. I just hope we put all this behind us and work hard on ball movement again.

Howards a LEGEND

Last night he had a good performance, as he has done the whole season. To the guy who was saying about his positioning for ballacks freekick dont be so ridiculous, the wall was covering that part, the goalie the other side. If he was to stand where ballack shot the whole goal woudve been wide open.

Hes one of the best in the prem, and one of the best at goodison, Id never swap him, not even if we could bring in petr cech

I'd swap him for Cech in a heartbeat.

I think howard is a great keeper. Best we'v had since nev. the only prob is, he seems to let stupid goals in at time. Think its just consentration.

Tell me a keeper in the world that doesnt make mistakes thou? problem is outfield players make mistakes an dont get punished, with a keeper make a mistake an its a goal.

Good keeper.

I agree. I just think Howard has been spoilt with the back four we have had this season and the talent they bring. Seems like a moment of stupidity does us in every time. When we get those moments sorted then we will combat the so called elite.

I think howard is a great keeper. Best we'v had since nev. the only prob is, he seems to let stupid goals in at time. Think its just consentration.

Tell me a keeper in the world that doesnt make mistakes thou? problem is outfield players make mistakes an dont get punished, with a keeper make a mistake an its a goal.

Good keeper.

What stupid goals has he let in apart form the arsenal one? and that was partly to do with yobo too...

What stupid goals has he let in apart form the arsenal one? and that was partly to do with yobo too...

The ball somtime seems to go through or over him. drogbar goal last season at home, the goal at pompy away last season from the half way line nearly. nothing to bad like the arse goal. but a lack of consentration see him beaten of his line. The owen goal at newcastle near post. but as i said all keepers make mistakes.

Plus i think he's a great keeper. would'nt swap him for anyone.

A keeper is only as good as the four players in front of him. We are finding it hard to keep a clean sheet this year compaired with last. As a unit we do not look as secure...

Sorry and don't take this the wrong way but why are we even discussing this?

Every player has a bad game once in awhile.

Save Peter Cech (and his recent form has been worse than Howard's), there isn't another keeper in the league I'd rather have at the moment.

I worry about certain areas of the team from time to time (another creative midfielder anyone?) but after Howard signed on a permanent deal, the gk position isn't one of them.

Im not a fan, but i said earlier he has done well for us, i think hes about the sixth or seventh best in the leauge which isnt bad, there are a lot of flaws in his game, concentration, coming of his line and i think communication. Hopefully they will be ironed out of his game. Still dont think hes anywhere near Nev or Martyn though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back