Howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
howard out cech in.
For me Howard has made a number of howlers this year...and I just dont feel safe when he is in goal...they all go through bad patches..but he hasnt come out of his yet..his positional play is terrible, his communication a lot of the time is crap.

Its not just the mess he made with yobo, its been other times, instead of shouting for the ball or telling his defenders to clear it...he needs to be charge of that back four..like big nev used to be, he spend most of the match shouting at his defenders...howard just seems to me at any rate too quite at times, and that makes a defence nervous because they dont know where they are with him, they end up defending deep because they dont trust the keeper to come and get it.

Maybe he will improve, I would like to think so...as for chris woods..your right, our goalkeepers are going backwards instead of forwards, which makes me think isnt it time to get rid off him and bring an obvious better gk trainer in? We had hot prospects in the goal keeping department, now most of those prospects have turned in avg- poor gk's.

Last edited:
compared to last season, he isnt as with it. he has had some very good games, dont get me wrong, but something has gone wrong for him, and it doesnt seem to be improving lately, maybe his confidence in that defence, which has kept changing this year, as [Poor language removed] him up somewhat , maybe he doesnt trust them..but being a keeper its his job to keep those defenders in check, to ensure they are defending properly, so he doesnt have to make as many saves etc..but for weeks now he hasnt been a commanding inspiration as he has been during that 12 match spell..but why is he letting so many goals in? maybe its the ever changing defence..he just may not feel comfortable getting used to one defence one week, then an entirely new defence the week after..you need a rapport with your defenders..so far with all the changes, i suspect that why he isnt as commanding.

He's probably just having an off spell, he's saved us loads of points mate and looked the part when Ive seen him this season.

The alternative is Wessels and Oldham showed that he's not the man.

without doubt the best option we hav at the club loss of form maybe ....but i thinks its a loss of trust in his defence / doesnt he suffer from turrets ?????

surely has to hav some effect

yeah but wessels barely ever plays and thats got to dent your confidence a lot surely..but then our defence was to sloppy in that match.

If you want to compare Howard's form to Cech's this year, Howard has made Cech look like Paul Robinson in comparison.

Cech's form this year has been way off compared to his usual standards.

Howard's had some cock ups but there's no one I'd rather have in back than him.

Let's put this another way, if we didn't have Howard who would we have?

Wessels? Oh God no, please tell me I'm right in believing he's only here on-loan.

Turner - bottled it in the United game, I really like him, but he's simply not good enough, whether or not he'll develop is another question, personally, I don't think he'll be here by the time he turns into a good 'keeper.

Ruddy - too young, simple. 'keepers can't be as young as we want, they have to have experience, and they notoriously develop at a later age, usually around the 28 mark, and improve well into their 30s.

Richard Wright - I'm sure I don't need to go into details as to why this is a terrible thought in the first place.

Who else is out there? For £3-£4m like we paid for Howard? The answer? [Poor language removed] nobody.

So he's made a couple of mistakes, all the 'keepers do, Cech made a couple of absolute howlers, it's just part and parcel of the game, he's gonna be brought up on it because it's a particularly dangerous position. I can't believe people are saying he's not good enough. Tim Howard is a fantastic 'keeper when he's got his confidence and a decent communication with the defence. It's as simple as that.

Let's put this another way, if we didn't have Howard who would we have?

Wessels? Oh God no, please tell me I'm right in believing he's only here on-loan.

Turner - bottled it in the United game, I really like him, but he's simply not good enough, whether or not he'll develop is another question, personally, I don't think he'll be here by the time he turns into a good 'keeper.

Ruddy - too young, simple. 'keepers can't be as young as we want, they have to have experience, and they notoriously develop at a later age, usually around the 28 mark, and improve well into their 30s.

Richard Wright - I'm sure I don't need to go into details as to why this is a terrible thought in the first place.

Who else is out there? For £3-£4m like we paid for Howard? The answer? [Poor language removed] nobody.

So he's made a couple of mistakes, all the 'keepers do, Cech made a couple of absolute howlers, it's just part and parcel of the game, he's gonna be brought up on it because it's a particularly dangerous position. I can't believe people are saying he's not good enough. Tim Howard is a fantastic 'keeper when he's got his confidence and a decent communication with the defence. It's as simple as that.

My name is TX Bill and I fully endorse this post !!! (y)

thats the whole point though, he doesnt do a big nev in front of his defence most of the time, they defend deep because they dont trust him, and he obviously doesnt trust them, i can see his point, every week the defence is changed, he needs a stable well organised defence he can order about confident they will listen to him, thats what all good defenders need a leader in the keeper so they can keep their line.

Am not sayin I want him out, i quite like him but he does make me feel nervous a lot of the time, hell he made feel nervous during that 12 match run lol

Again not his best dispaly, i wasnt happy with his distribution today but im willing to put that down to conditions.

I really hope he comes through this run of poor form as i can see a hesitancey creeping into his game the same way it did in his second season at United.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back