Hypothetical: We get a new manager - what is their first move?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not a 'who is our next manager' thread.

planetoftheapesending.jpg

You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!

Marcelo Bielsa from Athletic Bilbao please, the British managers around at the moment that would be free are sh*te

Question marks over Bielsa for me for all his talent. He's too much of an idealist to come here, for a start. We need a pragmatist who is willing to adapt to the players available not someone who only knows one way to play.

And his high energy approach would mean we'd run out of steam. The prem is a tough league and he tends to last only a year or so before players just can't keep up with the energy he demands anymore even in more languid leagues..

Question marks over Bielsa for me for all his talent. He's too much of an idealist to come here, for a start. We need a pragmatist who is willing to adapt to the players available not someone who only knows one way to play.

And his high energy approach would mean we'd run out of steam. The prem is a tough league and he tends to last only a year or so before players just can't keep up with the energy he demands anymore even in more languid leagues..

Good point mate.
Still though, if we had Europe and were in a strong position when he came in I'd be a lot more confident of him coming here.
Plus, the man knows how to win at Old Trafford!

Martinez is a good manager.

People on here like to talk about how little money Moyes has had to spend, Martinez has had -£7m net since he joined Wigan, but still keeps them up every year.

That's also forgetting that while Moyes has been able to sell two £20m players in his time here and re-invest the spends, Martinez hasn't. He's had his best players sold and not been given the cash, while that has happened to Moyes somewhat, it hasn't always.

Not saying i'd want him managing us, but he's not a bad manager at all.

Martinez is a good manager.

People on here like to talk about how little money Moyes has had to spend, Martinez has had -£7m net since he joined Wigan, but still keeps them up every year.

That's also forgetting that while Moyes has been able to sell two £20m players in his time here and re-invest the spends, Martinez hasn't. He's had his best players sold and not been given the cash.

Not saying i'd want him managing us, but he's not a bad manager at all.

Check the facts lad.

His net spend is -2.5m.

Moyes in the same period is -24m.

Wigan are 18th, Everton are 6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back