Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ideal Striker

Status
Not open for further replies.
He attacks the near post quite well I think.

His goal against Newcastle away was near post, he had a good near post chance vs United, his header vs Liverpool was near post... Ermmm. There's been some others I'm sure.

Exactly a few times in a whole season, when he takes the gamble he gets the results. Been dozens of times though that ball has gone near post and he hasn't made an effort to get in front of the defender.

I would love us to sign him, just wouldn't be totally gutted if we got a Bony or Remy instead.

boney, maybe remy , possibly djemba ba and hopefully one of our young strikers comes through and kone turns up, we need 3 decent strikers.

Lukaku should be number one choice, and at 25 million quid he should be well within budget, considering we have received an extra 33 million pound of revenue without including the 20 million pound plus that we have remaining from our recent player sales.

I personally think that Lukaku and Bony would make a great partnership with Bony playing in Barkley's position. I think it would be far more effective than a Lukaku and Barkley partnership, and it is something that we could do with a lot of change to spare if we sold Barkley for 50 million.

I watch quite a bit of European football as well as British and the list I would choose 2 strikers from is -
Lukaku, Bony, Hernandez, Ba, Remy, Finnbogason, Pelle, Castaignos, Gameiro, Vela, Soriano, Vossen.
Personally I would go for Bony and either Vossen or Hernandez.
I would be happy as long as we got any 2 though!

Lukaku should be number one choice, and at 25 million quid he should be well within budget, considering we have received an extra 33 million pound of revenue without including the 20 million pound plus that we have remaining from our recent player sales.

I personally think that Lukaku and Bony would make a great partnership with Bony playing in Barkley's position. I think it would be far more effective than a Lukaku and Barkley partnership, and it is something that we could do with a lot of change to spare if we sold Barkley for 50 million.
just dont see it with hernandez, hes been a good impact player coming on when defences tire but when ive seen him start hes been pretty average, would sooner have welbeck off man utd

Glee1.gif

How good can Danny Ings be? I always question young players who've only done it in the championship but Jay Rodriquez has shown how the best can be capable of the step up

just dont see it with hernandez, hes been a good impact player coming on when defences tire but when ive seen him start hes been pretty average, would sooner have welbeck off man utd

Agree mate, you go and ask any United fan who is an actual fan, and they will say Welbeck is the better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back