Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ideal Striker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next year, I want, in order of what choice striker they are:
  1. Lukaku/Remy/Bony
  2. Kone/Traore
  3. Traore/Kone
  4. Naismith
This doesn't take into account that Naismith offers something different, and as previously stated, I think a front 3 of Kone, Naismith, McGeady/Deulofeu in Europe will tear teams to shreds

By rights, to be pedantic, the ideal striker is like, Aguero.

Within our reach, let's keep Lukaku (he's brill, but he ain't worth £30m) with perhaps the addition of Bony? Is Loic Remy Arsenal bound, and if not, is he trouble? Can't slate Traore because he only played 60 mins and scored too. Need to see more before passing comment.

Lukaku but only if permanent. Don't think Bony would be worth the risk for 20m, second season syndrome and all that, i know he got plenty of goals but i think he looks lazy, it's a non-runner anyways Swansea don't need to sell.

If Lukaku doesn't come i would have Remy and Welbeck, always liked him think he could flourish under Martinez. Traore is back for another season can be no other explanation for putting up with him since January.

I would be happy with

Traore
Remy
Welbeck
Naismith
and Kone as our strikers for next season.

Exactly a few times in a whole season, when he takes the gamble he gets the results. Been dozens of times though that ball has gone near post and he hasn't made an effort to get in front of the defender.

I would love us to sign him, just wouldn't be totally gutted if we got a Bony or Remy instead.
Exactly a few times in a whole season, when he takes the gamble he gets the results. Been dozens of times though that ball has gone near post and he hasn't made an effort to get in front of the defender.

I would love us to sign him, just wouldn't be totally gutted if we got a Bony or Remy instead.
15 goals 31 games.

That Pierre-Michel Lasogga looks like a beast, pretty slow which could be an issue in the prem and also gets injured a lot, but unbelievably strong, very good finisher, headers the ball well and has decent positioning. Not 100% sure on the 'Ideal' part, but he looks good, got 13 goals in 20 league games this season. Anyone know any more about him?

25yo Shearer wouldn't hurt, well, wouldn't hurt our players anyway.
Jagielka and Distin would well a lot better with 26yo Drogba on their side helping out on set pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back