Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Idrissa Gana Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
His vision is better, he is better at beating a man and has a far far better range of passing. If you want to make a case for gana then you have to take a diffreent route
Range of passing doesn't matter. No Gana can't hit the 60 yarder but he makes more 10 yarders that go the right direction and find his teammates feet. I want that guy.

Whatever Gomes weaknesses he is good on the ball and clearly has good technique, gana doesn't, he's like a kitten chasing a ball of wool and all of his attributes are without the ball. That's fine to an extent but was also the reason he had plenty of poor games for us as well. He is a good few levels below allan who is better on the ball and has far better awareness. He is not capable of doing doucoures role as he is so poor in the final third.

I thought all this when he was here so nothing revisionist about it for me, never enjoyed watching him play.
He quite literally plays Doucoure's role for a title winning and CL competing side. We might be playing well but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I know everyone hates numbers but going off last year at Napoli for Allan and PSG for Gana you couldn't find two more similar players. I see it when I watch them too.

I know no one agrees but I'm NEA at this point. Let's just stop pretending our best player for a 3 year stretch was actually the issue. Teams stink because of the bad players not the good ones.

Gomes is better at dribbling the ball. It's one part of playing in possession. Other things matter. A good way to see this is to go examine all the people who think Holgate is better with the ball than Keane for the same reason. Too many people too easily wooed by occasional flash instead of consistent ability.
Gomes' ability to position himself between lines to receive the ball and then spread it with either foot is something Gana hasn't been able to do. It's a strange hill to die on, overstating his passing ability. No one is saying he had no other attributes but the second coming of Scholes he is not.

You've lost on this one, passing range has to be attributed when talking about if a players good on the ball
For me it's a part of getting the ball forward. Who gets the ball forward better Gomes or Gana? For me it's even or a slight bit in Gana's favor.

You disagree, but I challenge you to watch how often Gomes can go forward and doesn't Saturday.

Still we were bad because of our bad players so this whole premise remains insane.

Gomes' ability to position himself between lines to receive the ball and then spread it with either foot is something Gana hasn't been able to do. It's a strange hill to die on, overstating his passing ability. No one is saying he had no other attributes but the second coming of Scholes he is not.
Gomes was supposed to carry the midfield passing last year and was completely incapable of doing it. I mean where are the games when he was getting between the lines like you say? He's doing better now but he has James flipping Rodriguez running the show. Gylfi is doing great too.

I just don't see it with him like y'all do. Not that Gomes doesn't have some use, but he's exactly that, a useful option.

Gomes was last to carry the midfield passing last year and was completely incapable of doing it. I mean where are the games when he was getting between the lines like you say? He's doing better now but he has James flipping Rodriguez running the show. Gylfi is doing great too.

I just don't see it with him like y'all do. Not that Gomes doesn't have some use, but he's exactly that, a useful option.
The last game against Palace he used the oppos formation to do exactly that, it was clear as day.

You rate Iwobi's passing.
ImpoliteSinfulBuzzard-size_restricted.gif

Nah I mean when he didn't have James doing the heavy lifting.

You don't think Gomes is better than James too right?
So gana is playing with chumps at psg against clubs with far more financial power than his own then?

Of course he is playing better with James, who wouldn't be better alongside him than club footed crabs like Davies and gana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back