2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet if we win tonight - I know, seems unlikely - we could well be in the spot that gets European qualification come May...
I know we can but we are not even remotely close to being a team ready to play in Europe, i don't want us to qualify for Europe we just don't have the squad for it, and until we have got rid of all the deadwood (not looking like happening anytime soon) so we can make space for some proper signings Europe is just something in the future imo.

Plenty on here wanting him sold even if he doesnt get replaced till the summer !?!?!?

It really doesnt bare thinking about if this happens and we straight lose the next 4 games.

Just unreal some of our fans.

We are not getting relegated.
It’s a good return on investment.

Trust in brands ?

Sell by all means.

Its just suicide selling now without any replacement lined up.

Must be the fact that I have Zero faith in any of our squad to fill that position.

I understand your viewpoint.

Some of us, however, just have zero faith in our squad even with Gana in there. We are not winning with him. If we were, then it would be a different story.

I'm not buying the argument "we're losing now, but we'll be losing a lot worse without Gana"..... even if true, so what? Losing is losing...

In the end, big changes are needed in our central midfield. It's not functioning. There is no debate on that.

I understand your viewpoint.

Some of us, however, just have zero faith in our squad even with Gana in there. We are not winning with him. If we were, then it would be a different story.

I'm not buying the argument "we're losing now, but we'll be losing a lot worse without Gana"..... even if true, so what? Losing is losing...

In the end, big changes are needed in our central midfield. It's not functioning. There is no debate on that.
Yes I see your point also.

So who in the current squad would you like to see there for the next 15 games ?

Yes I see your point also.

So who in the current squad would you like to see there for the next 15 games ?

there is no good replacement in the squad....but again, we weren't with Gana either. Central Midfield was not functioning with Gana either. We never had control of the tempo. It was always reactionary.

If Gana is sold, I'd revert back to the 3-5-2 and put Schneiderlin in there next to Gomes. And hope and pray that Morgan can somehow come up with a few decent games to fool another club into buying him this summer.

Then look for a new CM in the summer. It may be Docoure, I'm not completely sold on him though... although he does have PL experience which a big plus/less of a gamble.

I wouldn't care if he's sacked. I don't care at this point. But I haven't demanded he's sacked. Well I maybe did in my Saturday rage, I can't even remember haha. There would be no difference at this point who our manager is. The season is wrecked beyond repair.

I am demanding he gets on with job of overhauling the squad. If he doesn't make massive changes to personnel and system then these players will at some point in the near future cost him his job. And it will be his own fault for failing to move them on and build for the future. If he doesn't start now by making the longer term decisions aimed at next season, then he probably won't see next season. At this point I'd say he's odds on to be sacked in may.
Agreed
As I said in a previous post there is a cancer running through this squad and it needs to be cut out
If good flesh ( players ) have to go along with it then so be it
I’d keep
Pickford ( if a 60m bid comes in for Rnglands No 1 goalkeeper I’d take it , but it won’t )
Coleman as back up
Digne as a starter
Mina as a starter
Keane and Holgate as backups
Ricarlison
Siggy ( because no one will pay book price )
Bernard as back up
DCL as back up
I’d sell every other player including those on loan and the vast majority of the under 23s
Yes that includes
Lookman for 25/30 m
Vlasic and Henry for 20/25 each
I’d give Brands/Silva a blank canvas and start afresh
How we can go from nearly beating the Shiite at Satan’s home to the crap we produced the last few weeks is beyond me.
It’s needs a cull of epic proportions although shifting some of the crap considering their book price and wages is going to be a tough ask
If only a few of them had the testicles to admit they have no future here and just move when a decent offer comes in

I don't blame the lad at all. What a difference living in Paris, Winning trophies , playing champions league and probably being paid a lot more for doing it all as well. Dream move indeed. It would be farcical but also expected that Everton let him go and bank the money. Just what I expected to be honest a sale with no thought of football on the last hour of the window. Sounds familiar.
He’d miss Matthew Street at 3am on a sat morning though

Inappropriate Language
Agreed
As I said in a previous post there is a cancer running through this squad and it needs to be cut out
If good flesh ( players ) have to go along with it then so be it
I’d keep
Pickford ( if a 60m bid comes in for Rnglands No 1 goalkeeper I’d take it , but it won’t )
Coleman as back up
Digne as a starter
Mina as a starter
Keane and Holgate as backups
Ricarlison
Siggy ( because no one will pay book price )
Bernard as back up
DCL as back up
I’d sell every other player including those on loan and the vast majority of the under 23s
Yes that includes
Lookman for 25/30 m
Vlasic and Henry for 20/25 each
I’d give Brands/Silva a blank canvas and start afresh
How we can go from nearly beating the Shiite at Satan’s home to the crap we produced the last few weeks is beyond me.
It’s needs a cull of epic proportions although shifting some of the crap considering their book price and wages is going to be a tough ask
If only a few of them had the testicles to admit they have no future here and just move when a decent offer comes in
I rate Keane but he's one of those players who is weak minded and ultimately this will be his downfall. If the [Poor language removed] hits the fan then Keane can’t deal it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back