• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bingo mate and I fully expect us to use both domestic and both foreign this summer

Someone said earlier, it could be Real Madrid buy Broja and loan him to us. I dont know if its allowed (but believe it's happened before) but this would make a lot of sense.

As the end of the window approaches, you will start to see a lot of players available on loan, as clubs start to blink and there will be options available.

I had to laugh at the football tactician thing. I'm the same. Never played the game to any high level but I think I have a grasp on the basics required. What is a total blind spot to me are tactics. I recognize the high wing backs we are attempting to play, long ball tactics and tiki taka or whatever it's called. However, I could watch a team play football all day every day and not recognise a double pivot, single pivot, a false nine or a diamond formation.
nice one mate, i`m probably waaay worse than you though, i could criticise Martinez for a lifetime because of his `pass it sideways forever` tactics, but really not have a clue of what he was doing besides him frowning upon getting the frigging ball in the box.

There's a slight cascade effect on all these deals too with us.

We have a limited amount to address a lot of positions - every deal we do now on a very favourable structure for us increases the amount then available for the other positions and should in theory mean they're easier to get over the line.

I still feel if we do most of the deals in a favourable structure we will do a surprise biggish fee at the end.

I saw the lads in TTV say something similar. Get the positions filled as best as possible, and see what if any money you have left at the back end. Rather than the other way, where we have gone and spent big, and not then had any money left.

I'll give you another example, if MGW hasnt signed a contract, you could see us going back in and Wolves being much more open for discussion. Especially if he hasnt been involved, and the price either dropping or the structure of the deal being more favourable. I'm not saying we go for him, as I think McNeil gives us what he did, but I'm sure you get the gist.

As for Gueye, he resolves the position for 2 years. Gomes and Gbamin will be gone, and allows us to look to scout a younger model. Onyango is on loan now, maybe he comes back ready next season.

The value of the deal is probably something that makes sense, i suspect we will prob be taking on about 4 mill a year in wages, thats about what JT is on. If there is a fee its likely not going to be significant so our ammotisation cost will be low.

Looks a much better value deal then the one we were sniffing around for Dendoncker a couple of weeks back.

I'd go along with this. I'm not sure PSG would have been paying him mega money, and honestly the option of a 2 year here, over 1 year there will be appealing.

I think wed have only taken Dendonker on a very low fee, similar to the Vinagre deal, but Wolves were not playing ball.

I saw the lads in TTV say something similar. Get the positions filled as best as possible, and see what if any money you have left at the back end. Rather than the other way, where we have gone and spent big, and not then had any money left.

I'll give you another example, if MGW hasnt signed a contract, you could see us going back in and Wolves being much more open for discussion. Especially if he hasnt been involved, and the price either dropping or the structure of the deal being more favourable. I'm not saying we go for him, as I think McNeil gives us what he did, but I'm sure you get the gist.

As for Gueye, he resolves the position for 2 years. Gomes and Gbamin will be gone, and allows us to look to scout a younger model. Onyango is on loan now, maybe he comes back ready next season.

Pretty much mate yup. Nailed my colours to the mast already in that I think we will get Gallacher sometime after the season starts and before the window closes. Think there's 5 games in that period and he will hardly feature and the penny will drop about just how big a role he'll have if he stays.

I'd go along with this. I'm not sure PSG would have been paying him mega money, and honestly the option of a 2 year here, over 1 year there will be appealing.

I think wed have only taken Dendonker on a very low fee, similar to the Vinagre deal, but Wolves were not playing ball.

He was on 70k here and hes on about the same same there mate, i think the move was more about ambition then finance. I suspect his wages wont be problematic and fit right into our structure.

Essentially hes taking Delphs squad place for less overall cost.

I couldn't give a toss about any of his beliefs or personal life. Seeing Gana back in a blue shirt making tackles that you didn't think were even possible instead of Gomes, Davies or Gbamin (for the 2 mins he isn't injured) losing almost every tackle and not mopping up or creating anything at all is absolute music to my ears. Cannot wait to have him back. COYB's.

There's a slight cascade effect on all these deals too with us.

We have a limited amount to address a lot of positions - every deal we do now on a very favourable structure for us increases the amount then available for the other positions and should in theory mean they're easier to get over the line.

I still feel if we do most of the deals in a favourable structure we will do a surprise biggish fee at the end.

What i like about Kev so far is value, if you look at the deals hes sniffing them out and taking advantage - i know a ball hasnt been kicked yet and time will tell wheather they are good deals but they look value - JT on a free, McNeill for £15 up front, when we were quoted north of 40 mill last year, Vinagre - minimum cost and Idrissa for nominal stuff. He is scoping contracts, finding low hanging fruit and brining a full basket home for very little cost for what seems players of a profile of the right fit.

Its interesting looking at the MGW situation as catcher says - he smells a deal - currently we dont have a bite, we may even walk away until the winter or next summer when the tension raises more for Wolves given his contract situation, i like it, we're not being taken for mugs anymore. I suspect it might be similar with Cornet to.

Its going to be very interesting to see how other deals play out. But we've done 4 deals for 15 odd million so far, we've added a bit to the wage bill, but we've lost a fair bit to and we arent destroying our wage structure on madcap deals.

I couldn't give a toss about any of his beliefs or personal life. Seeing Gana back in a blue shirt making tackles that you didn't think were even possible instead of Gomes, Davies or Gbamin (for the 2 mins he isn't injured) losing almost every tackle and not mopping up or creating anything at all is absolute music to my ears. Cannot wait to have him back. COYB's.

this ?

Youve obviously not seen him playing for PSG these past 3yrs.
He's actually a far better player than the one that left us.
No he isnt - bear with me.

He was always was a good, unflashy, player who did what he did where ever he played.
Nobody - except it seems, the much maligned Walsh, saw much in him in a relegated Villa side did they.
(Does your memory go back to John McGovern, he went from Hartlepool to twice hoisting the European cup.
He just did what he did in every team he was in...a lot like Peter Reid and Denis Stevens)

Short Version; you just do what you do, but you get more credit in the PSG spotlight,

If he comes back to us he'll just do what he does, (even if at the moment we have more in common with Hartlepool than Cloughs double European Cup winners) it will be up to the others to make the best use of the space he closes down and the ball he wins - that's where the problems will occur.

He was always was a good, unflashy, player who did what he did where ever he played.
Nobody - except it seems, the much maligned Walsh, saw much in him in a relegated Villa side did they.
(Does your memory go back to John McGovern, he went from Hartlepool to twice hoisting the European cup.
He just did what he did in every team he was in...a lot like Peter Reid and Denis Stevens)

Short Version; you just do what you do, but you get more credit in the PSG spotlight,

If he comes back to us he'll just do what he does, (even if at the moment we have more in common with Hartlepool than Cloughs double European Cup winners) it will be up to the others to make the best use of the space he closes down and the ball he wins - that's where the problems will occur.
Well we'll see soon enough wont we.

Hope you're happy to be vaulted.

I agree with this mate.

Im not expecting anything more or less then what hes always done and im ok with that really - im not expecting him to start spraying 40 yarders out to the flank, im expecting solidity, pressing, closng down, anchoring and balancing the midfield.. He was great for us and a good player, hes not infallible though either and he had a few bad games for us to i remember, i remember one up in Newcastle where he got totally over ran and we lost 3-2 or something after being 2 up - if my memory is right.

We need a player like him and he improves us without question, we've spent about 200 mill on center midfielders since he left and never really replaced him, which is damning really but i think we will get what he always has been and thats a good thing.

Dennis Stevens was a very under rated player in that early 60's team, he was a workhorse, but, he was also a very good footballer

Status
Not open for further replies.