Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we'll see soon enough wont we.

Hope you're happy to be vaulted.
Indubitably;

Though It's in the nature of his efficiency that his stats will always be high - in a relegated Villa team he was 2nd only to The better a team Gana plays in the better...and his stats will show it...he will play.

At the moment, we are not that better team.
He will help  Stem the tide against us and he wont be the worst signing ever - but on his own he will not Turn the tide.

We need players in midfield that are mobile and can get around the midfield closing down the opposition. Maybe we wont sign Gueye but he's the type of player we need.

Someone said earlier, it could be Real Madrid buy Broja and loan him to us. I dont know if its allowed (but believe it's happened before) but this would make a lot of sense.

As the end of the window approaches, you will start to see a lot of players available on loan, as clubs start to blink and there will be options available.
Didn't we do that with that Vinegre lad? He just transferred.

I've seen him have some truly embarrassing performances in the Champions League since leaving, but there was also one knock-out game where he was like Roy Keane vs Juventus, so I'm curious to see how he gets on if he does come back.

As I've said before, I thought he was decent enough here, if comically overrated by some. Can't be any worse than the clowns he'll be replacing anyway.

Dennis Stevens was a very under rated player in that early 60's team, he was a workhorse, but, he was also a very good footballer
"For the Maestro to play - somebody has to push the piano on stage...Every team has to have a Piano Pusher"
Mario Zagallo; Manager Brazil 1970.

Denis Stevens, John McGovern, Kante, Gana...good players all and more besides - but they do fit Zagallo' brief pretty well.

Schira jumping on the bus and missing the door, don’t think it’s as close as made out yet

He is definitely jumping on the bandwagon and pretending to be ITK. But someone has tagged Fabrizio Romano in the replies asking him to confirm and he's said that I don't need to confirm I near enough said this 2 days ago. So I do think this a goer. I think he's the best we could get without splashing a lot of cash. Great signing if it does come off.

We still need a forward playing midfielder, Gueye will just replace Allan.
We need someone who can take the pass from the defenders and look forward to the attackers.

….I expect his salary will be a fair bit less than he’s on now, but he will be given a two year deal to compensate.

He’s a fit lad, I think there’ll be plenty left in those legs.

If hes on a fair salary + low fee then 2-3 years of the Gana I remember would be ideal...good reliable stopgap while the younger members of the squad get up to speed.

Thats the question though...how long will he last.

He is definitely jumping on the bandwagon and pretending to be ITK. But someone has tagged Fabrizio Romano in the replies asking him to confirm and he's said that I don't need to confirm I near enough said this 2 days ago. So I do think this a goer. I think he's the best we could get without splashing a lot of cash. Great signing if it does come off.
Gueye is the one type of player that we missed massively last season, our midfield in many games was non existent, that made our defence look worse as they were under immense pressure in most of the games. Gueye sitting in front of them would have helped so much, so if he does come I think he will be the most important signing we have made this summer.

If hes on a fair salary + low fee then 2-3 years of the Gana I remember would be ideal...good reliable stopgap while the younger members of the squad get up to speed.

Thats the question though...how long will he last.
Another question is - Just how big are his wages? and how long for?
2yrs max

Status
Not open for further replies.