2023/24 Idrissa Gueye

He can't play there because he absolutely cannot shoot.

He was one of only 14 players in the PL in 2022-23 with 15 or more shots and zero goals to show for it.

Anyone who plays in that spot will get the ball in enough space to shoot and you have to be able to do it, even if to just give the defenders something to think about. How scared are you if you're the opposition?
He doesn't necessarily have to shoot - his pressing from the front is great when he's afforded the freedom to. I also think, when he's given a extra yard or two of space, he's capable of stitching things together in the final third. In more recent times I'm thinking more specifically of the second half at Doncaster when he came on and ran the show in that role.

Has anyone got the stats on this guy, has he EVER scored from outside the box? He’s continually shooting from there so I’m assuming it’s built on some confidence I just don’t recall him ever scoring from that distance?

Has anyone got the stats on this guy, has he EVER scored from outside the box? He’s continually shooting from there so I’m assuming it’s built on some confidence I just don’t recall him ever scoring from that distance?

Scored a few screamers at PSG. Feels like he never gets them on target for us.

Atrocious player nowadays, a huge liability that costs us far too often. But blame the manager for selecting him in such terrible form. He's got other options, but he refuses to even try anything else. Pathetic manager.