Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once our midfield has settled (transfers etc) I think we'll really see him at his best.

At the moment he seems to have to do his job and the rest of the midfield's too.

Hopefully some decent transfers can ease some of the pressure and he can focus on his own position.

That being said, it's impressive that he's probably everyone's player of the season so far while being stretched so thin.

as much as it was a pretty dreadful attempt, it's great to have midfielders who have the desire to bomb on when appropriate, and try to get on the end of deliveries

Doing the work of the 3 men.

He's really worked out, hasn't he mate?

Tbh I think we have enough mediocre midfielders without having to add to the pile.

The difference is Kante can play good ball. He has good technical quality.
I watched a bit of Gueye last year, he couldn't trap a bag of cement.

His sole purpose is to disrupt the other team's momentum, so if we are trying to close out a game he'd be decent enough to come off the bench and do so.
If it's a case of we can't get Carvalho or Witsel so Gueye is the next option then it's a massive step down in quality IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back