Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timing is everything.
Because we have not made a marquee signing yet this summer, the signing of Gueye is seen as a lack of ambition, funds, ability to pick a player.

If, this signing was after a marquee signing, it would be seen as a stroke of genius by Koeman and Walsh. Picking up a very good defensive midfielder for absolute peanuts...in todays monopoly money market.

Timing is everything.
Because we have not made a marquee signing yet this summer, the signing of Gueye is seen as a lack of ambition, funds, ability to pick a player.

If, this signing was after a marquee signing, it would be seen as a stroke of genius by Koeman and Walsh. Picking up a very good defensive midfielder for absolute peanuts...in todays monopoly money market.

How's he very good.

Funny how the players we been linked with carvalho, witsel and koulibaly are all 6 foot plus and add real physicality and ability to the side. Not sure on his ability, but at 5 8" gueye doesn't add the physical presence I think Koeman wants.

Funny how the players we been linked with carvalho, witsel and koulibaly are all 6 foot plus and add real physicality and ability to the side. Not sure on his ability, but at 5 8" gueye doesn't add the physical presence I think Koeman wants.

Midgets can add physical presence, in the same way that Jack Russels nip at peoples heels.

Im just saying, you dont need to be 6 foot 4 to throw a tackle in.

Jordie Clasie is much smaller and also combative. Height has nothing to do with being a decent footballer these days. Look at Iniesta, Xavi and Hazard. Makelele who was seen by many as the archetypal "defensive midfielder" was a munchkin in comparison to Fellaini. Also look at Kante. Coaches amongst us will say if you're good enough then that's good enough.

If only he half the ability of bobby Collins hey? Seriously though, I still think Koeman will want more height I the team in that position especially imo, given how physically demanding the premier league is.

Yes he will mate, hence our interest in Witsel, Carvalho and Kolibibibiiay who are all over 6 foot.

Not really, to be honest I remember very little about him, but, in terms of watching him for ninety minutes, I've only really seen him when we played them at Villa Park ( he only played 45 minutes at Goodison ). Apart from that, I've just seen a few highlights.

If you've seem more of him than that, then fair play to you and you're plainly in a better position to judge him than I am, but, in this thread, I can only remember @AndyGray saying he's seen him play more than that. To be fair Andy doesn't rate him, and because he's actually seen him play a bit, I can respect that opinion, but I think most people (80% plus ) fuming know very little about him.

I just don't see how he is better than what we already have. Hopefully it's not true.

I just don't see how he is better than what we already have. Hopefully it's not true.
Many of us think this. I go by the comments of villa fans and many don't rate the lad and they've seen him at week in week out. But Walsh must see a footballer in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back