Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our fans really are the worst.

Moan at no signings; moan at a potential signing.

Why don't you all just give RK and Steve Walsh the benefit of the doubt, considering they have achieved and done more in football than any of us ever have?

Steve Walsh had a huge part to play in Leicester winning the league through approaching/signing players who didn't carry a reputation/world famous name.

Quite obviously if this lad signs then we will all support him and hope he does well. Surely on a forum though, people are entitled to an opinion of a player? My opinion is that he was either anonymous or poor in the games I have seen him play in.
I'm very happy to be proven wrong though, and also to admit that Walsh is far more qualified than me to judge.

My only worry with Walsh is that he could potentially do a Carr at Newcastle and focus too much on one league based on past successes. Carr brought Cabaye, Debuchy and to an extent sissoko who were successes but then went down the road of believing everyone from that league was a potential gem, then signed highly rated players like Cabella, thauvin and saviet who have all flopped.

I just hope this Gueye isn't Walsh's Cabella following his successes with Kante and Mahrez?

My only worry with Walsh is that he could potentially do a Carr at Newcastle and focus too much on one league based on past successes. Carr brought Cabaye, Debuchy and to an extent sissoko who were successes but then went down the road of believing everyone from that league was a potential gem, then signed highly rated players like Cabella, thauvin and saviet who have all flopped.

I just hope this Gueye isn't Walsh's Cabella following his successes with Kante and Mahrez?

Considering he's playing in the PL, no.

Considering Villa looked like the worst side I've ever seen in the premier league last year, I highly doubt this guy is better than what we already have.

Really hope this isn't true.

Considering Villa looked like the worst side I've ever seen in the premier league last year, I highly doubt this guy is better than what we already have.

Really hope this isn't true.

I think you have to look at it from a different angle. If Barry, Besic or McCarthy had been playing for Villa last season, would they have looked any better than this lad did ?

Barry probably would, because he's class, but I doubt Besic or McCarthy would have looked all that.

We had that attitude with Martinez, and that ended well

FWIW, I have no real opinions about this lad. 7 Million is cheap in the current climate, so if he doesn't work out at least he hasn't broken the bank

He's probably worth a gamble in that case

But no, I don't think we should treat any manager of DoF as an omnipotent force who can do no wrong, because that sort of attitude led to the Cult of Martinez, which was thoroughly unbearable

People should feel comfortable criticising Koeman, even if he is only just in the door

If Koeman then goes on to prove them wrong, then fair do's

We didnt have that attitude at all!

Criticising two people who are known for their ability to spot good players whilst ignoring the fact that the players actually have played well and proven themselves is just a bit bizarre.

Besides...we aint even signed them yet nor is it known that we even want them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back