Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a start. He was pretty good at Lille and it'd be very unfair to judge him on last season. They can't all be 30m signings. Hopefully he'll do a good job for us.

Good signing at a good price.

We were terrible at intercepting the ball under Martinez. I don't know if that was down to personnel or system but having a proper sit in front of the back 4 and break up attacks is something we need.

Reactions: gmb
And If this means the end of McCarthy, then sign him up.
I don't see any reason why it would. There's no indication McCarthy's going anywhere.
What it will spell the end of, more likely, is the prospect of signing Carvalho.

That stats comparison says a lot, we didn't intercept the ball at all and because of that our CM's spent most of their time blocking shots. Sounds like he's very good at breaking the play up. If we buy this bloke for £7.1m and selling Cleverley for about £8m and McCarthy for about £15m, that's decent business.

That stats comparison says a lot, we didn't intercept the ball at all and because of that our CM's spent most of their time blocking shots. Sounds like he's very good at breaking the play up. If we buy this bloke for £7.1m and selling Cleverley for about £8m and McCarthy for about £15m, that's decent business.
If he turns out to be decent, I'd agree.

This is hm in the Lille game (I was there but hardly noticed him)!

What I will say is, he likes to go forward, watch this vid and think how many times Jimmy Mac has passed/dribble/run forward in the same way - very few!!

Also, more shots in one game than Jimmy Mac in an entire season.

I'm in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back