Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Distance covered by teams was from Goalmad. Most distance covered by players was brought up by a RS mate, I was bigging up Gana to him, so he had to get this 'most distance covered' stat in, according to him 3 RS players are in the top 5, and Gana is not even in the top 10, couldn't be arsed to check because my mate is a tit.

Gana covers a lot of ground because Barry can't, that's his job and every team needs 1-2 runners. Distance covered is actually one of those stats that English footie cares about way too much. That being said the rest of the world has a chuckle about it but at least England sides get a "good puppy" pat on the head as they walk off with a 3-1 loss. There is no point for all 10 outfield guys to be spending all their energy chasing hopeless causes. You need guys like Rom to have the energy to get a step on a defender late in the match, not chasing everything under the sun. Last year Raneri would often scream at Vardy to stop it, pick your moments and play smarter.

So if the RS wants to run themselves into the ground, fine let them. Yea when it works its nice but they've already had matches where they have looked spent and out of sorts. The season is only 9 months long and there is no break like there is in Germany.

He's been the cat's pyjamas since arriving. It's (very) early days, but he's looking like an absolute steal at £7M. Can he keep it going would be one question, and how will he do against better opponents than the one's we've faced thus far.

Distance covered by teams was from Goalmad. Most distance covered by players was brought up by a RS mate, I was bigging up Gana to him, so he had to get this 'most distance covered' stat in, according to him 3 RS players are in the top 5, and Gana is not even in the top 10, couldn't be arsed to check because my mate is a tit.

CsoMgPCWgAAbo8b.jpg:large
That just means that our players aren't caught out of position a lot. We are a well organized machine atm and are 2nd in the table as a result. I laugh at these statistics.

He's been the cat's pyjamas since arriving. It's (very) early days, but he's looking like an absolute steal at £7M. Can he keep it going would be one question, and how will he do against better opponents than the one's we've faced thus far.

To be fair he was really good against Spurs. Doubt we'd have held on without the lad.

I read the other day that Leicester (and I assume Steve Walsh by default) wanted him over Kante, but Gueye wasn't available at the time.

So all the shouts of 'Kante is a player in the Gueye mould' may not be that far fetched.

I read the other day that Leicester (and I assume Steve Walsh by default) wanted him over Kante, but Gueye wasn't available at the time.

So all the shouts of 'Kante is a player in the Gueye mould' may not be that far fetched.

I think he turned down Leicester over Villa if my memory serves me right

So questions over decision making ?

kidding of course he has been brilliant long may it continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back