If he was willing to come would you pay 20-25 million for Lukaku?

If he was willing to come would you pay 20-25 million for Lukaku?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well depending on the ankle situation for sure,I don't know to much about his injury but prior to that I think that mould of striker is what we need, atleast as a target man these guys can win headers unlike Lukaku.

Bony should be our number one target in my opinion, he has looked great in an average Swansea team. He easily the best player in the air in premiership for me.
He also has all round game, first touch and creative ability that Lukaku doesn't have yet, and he might never have.

In my opinon the style of play that Lukaku has presently is the one he will have throughout his career.
His game will always be paced on power and pace rather than technique or guile.
That is hardly surprising given his physical attributes.

It would be great to sign him at a price,but I cannot see him being signed for as little as 20m and even that is probably more than we can afford to pay for just one player when we probably need to buy six.

Lukaku is a player that has had a big reputation for quite some time now . He will not be cheap and it seems to me that he certainly isn't underselling his own talents.
He wants CL football ,but if he stayed at Chelsea he would have been playing CL football and probably on a regular basis.

I also think that it says something when Mourinho allowed him to go out on loan when Chelsea had Ba, Torres and E'too as a strikeforce.
I think Chelsea would probably be champions by now if they had kept Lukaku as well.
I still feel that Lukaku may well still be at Chelsea next season .

I'd rather get a really good number 10 who'll be able to play loads of sexy through balls for a cheaper striker than Rom to get on the end of.

Well depending on the ankle situation for sure,I don't know to much about his injury but prior to that I think that mould of striker is what we need, atleast as a target man these guys can win headers unlike Lukaku.

Bony should be our number one target in my opinion, he has looked great in an average Swansea team. He easily the best player in the air in premiership for me.
He also has all round game, first touch and creative ability that Lukaku doesn't have yet, and he might never have.

Exactly the same injury the Yakuba had mate, also from American footy it's an injury that basically finished a good few players careers their so it's a nasty one

In my opinon the style of play that Lukaku has presently is the one he will have throughout his career.
His game will always be paced on power and pace rather than technique or guile.
That is hardly surprising given his physical attributes.

It would be great to sign him at a price,but I cannot see him being signed for as little as 20m and even that is probably more than we can afford to pay for just one player when we probably need to buy six.

Lukaku is a player that has had a big reputation for quite some time now . He will not be cheap and it seems to me that he certainly isn't underselling his own talents.
He wants CL football ,but if he stayed at Chelsea he would have been playing CL football and probably on a regular basis.

I also think that it says something when Mourinho allowed him to go out on loan when Chelsea had Ba, Torres and E'too as a strikeforce.
I think Chelsea would probably be champions by now if they had kept Lukaku as well.
I still feel that Lukaku may well still be at Chelsea next season .

I'm beginning to think that they will keep him another season and loan him out again actually

article-2617224-1D7B809400000578-668_634x408.jpg

article-2617224-1D7C734300000578-71_634x501.jpg

Big Rom pictured with Maradona last night at Stamford Bridge

it's a lot of money but if he continues developing and continues his steady goal rate, bearing in mind he's only 20, He has the potential to be a 20 goal a season striker so for me I'd take a punt.

That's if he's for sale. I also will add that at this moment in time he's not good enough to be a starter for a major CL team.

Thinking about it i would do it for 20mil. But it would be imperitive to get a capable backup to give him some spells of rest. He isnt even close to being ready to leading the line week in and week out. Could be part of what makes him so awesome(his size) also drastically reduces his ability to play a full game with no problems.

He'll not come here. Everton is a stepping stone for him. He's had a good season with a top 6 team and no doubt will have his pick of CL teams next year if the papers are to be believed. My heart wants me to believe bobby will convince him to sign mind you!

imagine paying 20 mil for a player who cant create a goal out of nothing an is lazy just because he is 20 there is no guarantee that he will improve or develop into this worldie everyone is expecting he is kenwyne jones exactly the same player

imagine paying 20 mil for a player who cant create a goal out of nothing an is lazy just because he is 20 there is no guarantee that he will improve or develop into this worldie everyone is expecting he is kenwyne jones exactly the same player

Imagine paying 20mil for our top scorer this season, a season which saw us secure the most points we've had since the start of the premiership.
Works for me.

The one thing we've been missing for the best part of 10 years is a great striker. Romelu certainly has the potential to be the ONE...I would spend the budget on him.

13 Goals & 6 Assists in 31 games... That's direct responsibilty for a goal every 1 and a half games.
Lukaku is ace despite failing to control the ball regularly.

Wouldnt even pay 5mill for him, couldnt trap a bag of cement, poor ball control and loses 99% of aerial battles.
Good judge of a player is that Mourinho

Wouldnt even pay 5mill for him, couldnt trap a bag of cement, poor ball control and loses 99% of aerial battles.
Good judge of a player is that Mourinho

Who have we had in the last 10 years that is a better striker?

Sure he is a bit raw, he looks knackered sometimes, he has things to work on, but seriously. Given our budget who would you sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.