If Rooney was 19 again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Street end man

Player Valuation: £35m
Would we as a club be able to fend of the poachers this time around. Last time Man Utd. wanted him and they got him, leaving me gutted and dejected.

Would our new board/setup/Manager allow that to happen now if a gem like him came through the ranks?

I'd love to think the answer was no, that would be true progression.

I'd guess there'd be a fair bit of enthusiasm to see how he'd do under Mr Ancelotti's care.

Would we as a club be able to fend of the poachers this time around. Last time Man Utd. wanted him and they got him, leaving me gutted and dejected.

Would our new board/setup/Manager allow that to happen now if a gem like him came through the ranks?

are you back on them pain killers again?

I would say it’s difficult for any club that isn’t winning trophies to keep hold of their young talent. It’s the reason why Rooney and Barkley left ultimately. We might have the best manager, stadium and owner in the world but it’s still 25 years since our last trophy. It also depends on the individual whether they believe they could drive the club forward and win a trophy or whether they just want to join a club that wins trophies consistently

We couldn't keep a nearly 30 year old Gana Gueye mate

Probably not, I think he would probably still have left. He was one of the top 5 players in the world IMO when we sold him.

If we had kept him another season though, his value would have rocketed again, even by the standards of 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.