If Rooney was 19 again

Status
Not open for further replies.
....he’s won virtually everything that he could win at club level. When there was talk of the marriage failing & the 50/50 household split, a number of mischevious folk said Coleen would have more winners medals than Stephen Gerrard.

Nowhere near IMO. It's always an odd claim to make because of what he achieved, but I think he was as good at 17 as he was at 27.

But that said, a lot of it is mentality; he could have went Madrid and went proper Barkley. All we can say for sure is he had a fantastic career, world class for most of it but never once held a candle to Ronaldo/Messi, and there's no shame in that. Like you though I feel there's a chance he could have.
All opinions lads but he defo could have been even better. Ferguson stifled him during what should have been his prime to accommodate Ronaldo.

...he’d be the first name on the team sheet. I don’t believe times have changed, the very best will play.
But he'd be 19 and untested, can't trust a 19 year old. If we're losing 2-0, might be worth chucking him on for 6 minutes. Best to play Sigurdsson, he has more prem minutes.

I genuinely think that's how we'd treat him if he were at Everton now aged 18/19.

But he'd be 19 and untested, can't trust a 19 year old. If we're losing 2-0, might be worth chucking him on for 6 minutes. Best to play Sigurdsson, he has more prem minutes.

I genuinely think that's how we'd treat him if he were at Everton now aged 18/19.

....he’d play then and he’d play now. Not sure who you’re alluding to but I don’t see players being held back, the Manager isn’t daft, he wants results.

....he’d play then and he’d play now. Not sure who you’re alluding to but I don’t see players being held back, the Manager isn’t daft, he wants results.
Not referring to any player, just a general trend with the club. I just think we stick with the senior heads regardless of how they play. Despite his incredible talent, if he were here now, there's a good chance that he wouldn't play/be binned off on loan/rot on the bench.

Not referring to any player, just a general trend with the club. I just think we stick with the senior heads regardless of how they play. Despite his incredible talent, if he were here now, there's a good chance that he wouldn't play/be binned off on loan/rot on the bench.

...I disagree. Managers would love some super talented youngsters to come through but we haven’t really produced a diamond for a while. There is absolutely no way Wayne Rooney would be sent on loan if he was here now.

The Manager would play youngsters over established first teamers if they earn their place. It’s a results game. If a player is on the bench or sent on loan it’s because the Manager feels he has better.

Rooney leaving was one of my earliest memories of football despair as a 9 or 10 year old.

I weirdly remember getting thumped in a cup game at Middlesborough as well. No idea why, but it stands out for some reason lol

Gazza played we lost 3-0 and Walter was sacked afterwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.