If we got £30m to £50m in the summer....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
And Moyes went all out to try and get us in the top four.

Which current players in our starting 11 do you think would need to be replaced?

Hibbert, Osman, Neville. Replace with A great RB, A right winger type for Osman, And A player similar to Veloso or something to replace Nev in the middle. Would also consider a top quality Striker if poss.

yup I think Hibbert, Osman and Neville might need to make way for players who can take us to the next level. Its difficult though isn't it? I think they've all been outstanding in recent games and I believe they really play for the club.

Nevertheless I really want to see us build on this season and into the next. It was heartbreaking to see how we lost our way between last season and this one.. I want to see Moyes thinking and acting ahead this time round.

You can have Dossena and Lucas off us.

We dont accept [Poor language removed] at our club. Lucas - possibly the dirtiest player in the League!!!

Anyways back to point, I would buy a Right Winger and Maybe a Defensive mid. But it is Osman who needs to be replaced most really...Im happy with Neville at Right Back for now...

Last edited:

Wishful thinking, but I agree with Desaparecido.

A good attack minded right sided fullback. Don't ask me for names though.
A top class dm. Preferably someone who's not afraid to put his foot in and also has the abillity to take some weight of the shoulders from Arteta. Someone like Mark van Bommel or Miguel Veloso.
A pacey right sided midfielder/winger.
A decent striker. Someone like Vagner Love, Mohamed Tchité or Darren Bent.

If there's money left, I'd try to get Fellaini's former teammate Steven Defour from Standard Liége.

Preferably wouldn't let anyone leave from our current squad. Except from Andy van der Meyde (finally) and James Vaughan (on a season long loan to a decent Championship outfit).

You can have Dossena and Lucas off us.

I can understand you wanting to get rid of Dossena, but even though lucas is dire for you, he has never been played in his natural position. But saying that quality players adapt across the pitch, especially midfielders. It is a pre-requisite.

But neither will hit a form good enough to substantiate a premiership wage packet in my opinion.

I'd get rid of Hibbert without question.

Neville and Osman would be good squad players but if we wanted to show ambition we have to get them out of the 1st team.

Well the players that are good enough to play CL football are :
Jags
Lescott
Baines
Yobo
Arteta
Pienaar
Cahill
Fellaini
Yakubu

The rest are wonderful players for us, but if we really need to kick on they need replacing, i would keep Osman, Neville, Howard, Gosling, Baxter, Rodwell, Vaughan and sell everybody else.

So i guess we need a RB, CM and possibly a striker.

Well the players that are good enough to play CL football are :
Jags
Lescott
Baines
Yobo
Arteta
Pienaar
Cahill
Fellaini
Yakubu

The rest are wonderful players for us, but if we really need to kick on they need replacing, i would keep Osman, Neville, Howard, Gosling, Baxter, Rodwell, Vaughan and sell everybody else.

So i guess we need a RB, CM and possibly a striker.

World class them lot aren't they :lol:?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back