If we got £30m to £50m in the summer....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should spend the money on Diego Forlan, would be a great signing for us. Would deffo get shut of Osman.
Not sure about Forlan. Has been a class act in Spain after looking like a South American Stuart Barlow for the most part of his OT career. I think if SAF had given him 1 more season he would have come good in the prem. But maybe he's just better suited to the Spanish league.

Forlan can play the spanish way of intriquete passing and going down after being touched on the back, but when it comes to gritty prem football and the possible long balls in the last minute, he wouldn't be able to cope. He proved that in his time at old trafford.

Theres a difference between world class and class though.

Kaka is world class, and Ronaldo, and Messi.

Do you really put any of our players up in the bracket of how good those 3 are? ffs

Alright calm down! dont ffs me!

If some of them where in top 4 teams, i think they could get the recognition of "world class" in a few years. (Lescott/Jagielka)

These arguments about what constitutes world-class seem to be more about semantics than anything else. It's quite a meaningless term anyway.

We all know that Cal has, shall we say, a 'more stringent' definition os 'world class' than some other people around here. Can you guys not just leave it now? And Cal, stop being so pompous!:P(y)

Well the players that are good enough to play CL football are :
Jags
Lescott
Baines
Yobo
Arteta
Pienaar
Cahill
Fellaini
Yakubu

The rest are wonderful players for us, but if we really need to kick on they need replacing, i would keep Osman, Neville, Howard, Gosling, Baxter, Rodwell, Vaughan and sell everybody else.

So i guess we need a RB, CM and possibly a striker.

This lad knows the score.

If we had that amount of money to spend, I honestly believe we'd give Chelsea and Man Utd a run for the title. Strange, was looking at this thread earlier today and now it has been bumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back