Interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't worry mate, if you weren't even getting interviews then I would.

Chin up and go again.

Keep going mate. EVERYONE gets rejected. It doesn't mean a thing. Ask for feedback and tell them thanks, i absoloutly guarantee it helps.
Cheers lads.

Well I'm worried because this was the first and only one that I've actually gotten in 2 weeks or so of putting a lot out there.
And Bry - they said I was great, but they decided to go with someone else, sadly.

Phone just rang ....

"hi, it's the recruitment team at Northern, can we ask what date your interview is please ?"

"20th May at 2pm"

"ah right, it seems there's been an error with our system and it should've said 20th April.... today"

I said that I could possible get there but it would be at a push as I am totally unprepared & haven't done the research that they suggested as they recommended doing it as close to the interview as possible.

anyway, she rearranged it for 17th May instead.
I even stated the date and time in my confirmation email ffs, just hope the numbers in May aren't doubled up now cos it's a day that they were already holding interviews.

I would recommend saying nothing if the interviewer asks if you have any
questions at the end of the interview. Last couple of job interviews I asked them
where the closest pub was as I like a pint or two at lunch time. I didn't have a chance
to ask my second question, do they drug test for all drugs.

Cheers lads.

Well I'm worried because this was the first and only one that I've actually gotten in 2 weeks or so of putting a lot out there.
And Bry - they said I was great, but they decided to go with someone else, sadly.

We've all been rejected from interviews. I've had a good career and have been well thought of - but I didn't do well at interviews and had my own rejections. I've even done interviews myself now. Most times it's not down to the quality of the candidate, but whether they'll be a good fit for the team. The way I've seen it is that if I've been rejected then I probably wouldn't have liked working with the mefs anyway.

Just keep going. When you get to a job and the place feels right - just be quietly confident, ask lots of questions to show interest use a LITTLE well timed humour to show some personality and the job's yours.

We've all been rejected from interviews. I've had a good career and have been well thought of - but I didn't do well at interviews and had my own rejections. I've even done interviews myself now. Most times it's not down to the quality of the candidate, but whether they'll be a good fit for the team. The way I've seen it is that if I've been rejected then I probably wouldn't have liked working with the mefs anyway.

Just keep going. When you get to a job and the place feels right - just be quietly confident, ask lots of questions to show interest use a LITTLE well timed humour to show some personality and the job's yours.
I've had no calls or answers since, however, and it is kind of worrying.

Will probably go to my old job at amazon, or at least apply in the next few days, as I need money at this point.

However, thanks for the encouraging words! Appreciated!

I've had no calls or answers since, however, and it is kind of worrying.

Will probably go to my old job at amazon, or at least apply in the next few days, as I need money at this point.

However, thanks for the encouraging words! Appreciated!
Got one for tomorrow!

Kind of nervous, but we'll see. It's only the first stage, so nothing's guaranteed, but...

:dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back