Interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read you said earlier your wage would be £13k/annum, isn't that minimum wage? Thought engineering jobs paid well better than that...

No mate, I think that was the apprenticeship 1 that I posted, this was at the uni & 25k to 29k

although there are engineering jobs that dont pay much more that minimum wage, certainly not enough more to get me to do them when you consider the standards that you are expected to work to

I was precisely right ... which I get no pleasure from at all.

experience not recent enough.

ah well, stick 1 in with the chemistry dept. now seeing as the Physics guy recommended me to them, I called the other day & he asked my name and said the interviewer from the Physics Dept had given him my name. Interviewer from Friday said the notes don't go onto the Uni's system for all to see so the next guy wont see them unless he contacts them to ask.

After swearing i'd never do another Skype interview - here I am again at the laptop.

Finally some joy! All went well with the skype interview, had a follow up last week and now been invited to meet the company directors next week.

Making some strides toward my first 9-5, daunting but after 3 years of uni couldn't be more eager to finally get into a solid routine.

After swearing i'd never do another Skype interview - here I am again at the laptop.

Finally some joy! All went well with the skype interview, had a follow up last week and now been invited to meet the company directors next week.

Making some strides toward my first 9-5, daunting but after 3 years of uni couldn't be more eager to finally get into a solid routine.

Only gone and got myself my first full time job. Made up with this, especially after graduating two months ago. Starting on Monday i'll be working as a marketing/social media assistant on my first 9-5.

Got an Interview in a School on Friday for a technician position.

Money aint that great but you only work term-time hours, apparently they usually pay you pro-rata so you get paid with the hours averaged out over the full 12 months, which makes a difference with regards to tax credits but can make a difference both ways tbh. if you are working 27.5 hrs per week then you get less working tax credit than if 37 hours, however if you was to only get paid in term time then you would lose the working Tax credits during the holidays (of which there are plenty) which tbh would leave you 1200 worse off than the other way.
Have spoken to a couple of people that do similar-ish roles and the grades are the same as classroom assistants, 1 told me that if you get in on the highest class assistant grade and so are classed as having the same as the nvq3 then you can start on a teaching degree. She was an air hostess tbh & went working in a college in the travel & tourism to get the nvq's & now she's in a high school & nearly done the teaching degree... which she said she's pretty much doing on the job with hardly anything to do at home.
So although pay not ace (it aint too rubbish really) it may have the possibility of being a kind of teaching apprenticeship.

She did say that there are often 'add-ons' as well that can put it up a little bit, the guy in the same job at her school is 1 of the First Aiders for example.

so we'll see how this 1 go's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back