Interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
OnvT6XU.gif

Another Day ..... Another Knockback.

That's frustrating! I'm sure the right job will pop up eventually mate.

The guy at the Uni has put me forward for an identical position within the same workshop working for the chemistry dept.
1 of the interviewers was from chemistry, he said the delay was because it was hard for them to decide from those of us that went for interview, also said there would be some other positions quite soon as well and to keep an eye out for them and get an application in.

I also got feedback from the rail job & it seems that on 1 of the questions I was deemed to have "broken procedure" to rush through my workload, if I had gone into more detail then I'm sure if they would have come to that conclusion, it was to do with pulling work forwards in the 'work queue' to reduce the amount of set ups on the machine & make it more efficient, also doing it to ensure the unskilled guys on nights had enough work .... which was actually part of my job i.e. to get the machine producing as much as possible & be as efficient as possible.
Theyre very much to regulations in the rail industry whereas it's quite normal in manufacturing to do such things to reduce 'down time' & I was given a remit to do whatever would improve things so long as it didn't prevent other work from being on time, 2 very different industries & I could see how Rail folk would see this as breaking procedure if manufacturing is completely alien to them.
Anyway, I have another 1 in now for Wigan & have sat the tests so at least I know where I went wrong at the other 1. Wigan would be a hell of a lot more convenient as well tbh.

I have to pick myself back up & dust myself off pretty quickly these days, the wigan job was only live for a couple of hours & the uni job I had to do at the last minute before it closed due to not having heard from the 1st one.

Doesn't mean it doesn't still make you feel shyte though when you get a knockback.

The uni fella did actually inform me in person as well though which is a 1st, and to me also points to a decent eprson and place to work.
Rail always let you know but unless you interview then you get no feedback, and of course the paint robot job I only found anything out some 6 months later after I'd long given up on it.

Any of you have kids or know of kids that are looking to get an Engineering Apprenticeship ? in L'pool, Manc, Newcastle, Leeds.
It's a Full 3 year apprenticeship & not some Govt Approved Scheme that's the modern day version of a YTS scheme & it pays a proper wage as well, in fact there are jobs out there for qualified tradesmen in Engineering that pay about the same tbh.

this is copied from the ad, in fact if it was possible for me to go in there for say a year (being time served already) to learn the skills that are different & specific to this industry then I reckon I could probably cope for 12 months (with tax credits) if it meant getting a 'secure' job at the end of it that pays a hell of a lot more.
I fell out with engineering a while ago due to the way that the industry went but there are still some sectors within it that that offer both job security, a decent wage, career progression & good working conditions. I wouldn't recommend it to folk if it was like the majority that exist but this is definitely 1 of the good ones........

WHAT WILL I EARN?
Year 1 - £13,200 rising to +£1,000 to salary in year 2 if academic targets are attained and +£1,000 to salary in year 3 if successful completion of all phase tests and college work for that year are attained.

WHAT WILL MY CAREER PATH BE?
Starting as an Apprentice Engineer you will have the opportunity to follow a range of different career paths. Once qualified, you can work within Production employed as a Maintenance Engineer then move on to be a Team Leader or Technical Engineer. Alternatively, you could move around - from production to safety for example.

if anyone wants the link then let me know & I'll DM it to you as opposed to putting out there in public as there'll no doubt be a lot of applicants as it is without in effect creating another job ad.

I have to pick myself back up & dust myself off pretty quickly these days, the wigan job was only live for a couple of hours & the uni job I had to do at the last minute before it closed due to not having heard from the 1st one.

Doesn't mean it doesn't still make you feel shyte though when you get a knockback.

The uni fella did actually inform me in person as well though which is a 1st, and to me also points to a decent eprson and place to work.
Rail always let you know but unless you interview then you get no feedback, and of course the paint robot job I only found anything out some 6 months later after I'd long given up on it.
At least your getting feedback Reidy its worse when you hear nothing, and start to question yourself

The Skype interview didn't go well for that other company - will endeavour to never do one again, was so weird.

Got another one tomorrow for a PR company. Really want this one. My first face-to-face interview for a full time job, don't know what to think as I can only presume it will be a little more official than part-time student job interviews!

The Skype interview didn't go well for that other company - will endeavour to never do one again, was so weird.

Got another one tomorrow for a PR company. Really want this one. My first face-to-face interview for a full time job, don't know what to think as I can only presume it will be a little more official than part-time student job interviews!

Smile alot + answer questions with short answers in a positive fashion.

Also aak questions which they will aee as positive for long term career goals

What's the typical time to wait before giving up on a call back? Had an interview on Friday past and they said they will be making a decision next week (wanted it sorted sooner rather than later). Still no word, despite hanging on every phone call I get. Would have thought if they were interested I would have heard by now. Very anxious to get a job after just finishing Uni.

What's the typical time to wait before giving up on a call back? Had an interview on Friday past and they said they will be making a decision next week (wanted it sorted sooner rather than later). Still no word, despite hanging on every phone call I get. Would have thought if they were interested I would have heard by now. Very anxious to get a job after just finishing Uni.

Couldn't make this stuff up.

Was due to fly back to Ireland tomorrow as uni is finished and housing contract is up. Was hoping I could have this job nailed down before going so I could then arrange some accommodation before coming back to work here (not ideal but better than nothing). Got informed earlier that I now have a second interview for Friday.

Unbelievable. No idea what happens during a second interview but crazy. Gonna have to book into some sort of cheap accom for two nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back