Interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freemasonry. Or public school thing. Nepotism.

You don't for a minute believe that the UK is a meritocracy?
Speaking to the manager who took the interview later.
See what he says.
Am guessing he'll say it's political?
Buzz word at my work when the unexplained happens.
Not to worried tbh it's just the whole process was a waste of my time and effort

Speaking to the manager who took the interview later.
See what he says.
Am guessing he'll say it's political?
Buzz word at my work when the unexplained happens.
Not to worried tbh it's just the whole process was a waste of my time and effort
Freemasonry is all about being political. Bringing pleasure to local lodge shady mafia boss in the hope that you will be showered with gratitude in return.

If only. lol

DgoQYg3W4AA2LmG

Just had another interview for a Field Service Engineer for those automated key cutting machines they have in Asda, B&Q. Range, Morrisons. Was very informal really, should find something out next week.

Not getting my hopes up too much but it does seem like a decent job & the pays not bad, straight days & I'd need to do shifts for same in most jobs.

Just had another interview for a Field Service Engineer for those automated key cutting machines they have in Asda, B&Q. Range, Morrisons. Was very informal really, should find something out next week.

Not getting my hopes up too much but it does seem like a decent job & the pays not bad, straight days & I'd need to do shifts for same in most jobs.
Good luck bud. Always stressful after an interview with the waiting and going over every answer in your head till you find out.

Good luck bud. Always stressful after an interview with the waiting and going over every answer in your head till you find out.

it was a very informal 1 with not really anything asked, more told me the role. Have to wait until next week then next stage would be a meeting with the MD who's going on his hols so it'd be mid august for that. the waiting that's the pain really.

just been asked to go to a 2nd interview for this on 16th, wish it was sooner tbh cos just wanna get sorted.

big day in the Grecian household the 16th as my eldest gets her A'Level Results that day as well.

I haven't had to go through an interview in a while but I have had to interview people recently. The best advice I can give is "prepare your answers for the job you are applying for". I have interviewed people for basic jobs who come in prepared to run the place. Do the research on the job you are applying for and then work out the things you need to do that job and prepare to tell the interviewer why you are the best person to do the job.

I don't miss that world...been freelance since 10 years. I had a pretty good strike-rate back when I went for interviews for jobs...the trick at least for me was to interview them as much as they're interviewing you. Ask them questions about the job, the site & the company, have an open two-way discussion once the first few questions either way are sorted. They have to sell you the job just as much as you have to sell them your suitability for it. If you give the impression you're an asset with other options, you'll much increase the chance of a job offer.

I don't miss that world...been freelance since 10 years. I had a pretty good strike-rate back when I went for interviews for jobs...the trick at least for me was to interview them as much as they're interviewing you. Ask them questions about the job, the site & the company, have an open two-way discussion once the first few questions either way are sorted. They have to sell you the job just as much as you have to sell them your suitability for it. If you give the impression you're an asset with other options, you'll much increase the chance of a job offer.

just got feedback "they didnt have anything negative to say about your interview & just decided to go with 1 of the othe candidates."
I'd rather have got a reason that pointed to something negative about me tbh.

just got feedback "they didnt have anything negative to say about your interview & just decided to go with 1 of the othe candidates."
I'd rather have got a reason that pointed to something negative about me tbh.

I also used to interview candidates myself: that's a standard answer for one of two reasons:

1) they don't want to cause a fuss by revealing what the negative thing was (perhaps it was a nervous tick, or age, or just a personality clash).
2) there really wasn't a negative thing, just they genuinely had 3 or 4 good candidates with nothing between them and had to choose one.

Try what I mentioned, Reidy, in your next interview go with the air that you're interviewing them just as much as they you. It's a two-way thing, you're an asset on the market and you're checking out who might be a suitable company for your skills & experience. It's a psychological thing, might take a bit of practice but if you have that air then it comes across positively.

Had a convo with a supplier yesterday & he was asking how busy I was ... to which I said I'm not, I'm not 1 to dress it up like I'm making a mint & loaded etc if that's not the case. Anyway, he rang before & asked if I can call in at their Stockport branch tomorrow as he wants to know if I want to work for them in Warrington.
Off to Bredbury it is then in the morn, I'll see whats on offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back