Interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a convo with a supplier yesterday & he was asking how busy I was ... to which I said I'm not, I'm not 1 to dress it up like I'm making a mint & loaded etc if that's not the case. Anyway, he rang before & asked if I can call in at their Stockport branch tomorrow as he wants to know if I want to work for them in Warrington.
Off to Bredbury it is then in the morn, I'll see whats on offer.

Well in Reidy, the old adage of it being easier to get a new job when you're in one is something I've found rings true.

Hope monday worth the trip

Well in Reidy, the old adage of it being easier to get a new job when you're in one is something I've found rings true.

Hope monday worth the trip

I've been in 1 while I've been looking for 4 1/2 years :)
I'm going there tomorrow, I'll see what hes offering cos it's gonna be more than just working on the trade counter, I'll be going out doing their jobs ... which are the same as what I do now except for myself, he started off yesterday talking about putting work my way where they supply the parts & I get the labour, which would possibly be a better deal if it was a couple a day. So I'll see what he offers me, chances are I'll take it whatever it is.

I've been in 1 while I've been looking for 4 1/2 years :)
I'm going there tomorrow, I'll see what hes offering cos it's gonna be more than just working on the trade counter, I'll be going out doing their jobs ... which are the same as what I do now except for myself, he started off yesterday talking about putting work my way where they supply the parts & I get the labour, which would possibly be a better deal if it was a couple a day. So I'll see what he offers me, chances are I'll take it whatever it is.
Best wishes Reidy.

Had a convo with a supplier yesterday & he was asking how busy I was ... to which I said I'm not, I'm not 1 to dress it up like I'm making a mint & loaded etc if that's not the case. Anyway, he rang before & asked if I can call in at their Stockport branch tomorrow as he wants to know if I want to work for them in Warrington.
Off to Bredbury it is then in the morn, I'll see whats on offer.

Hope it goes well......

Had an interview in our place for a kind of works instructor role. It's in addition to the job I'm doing but with a bit of added tutoring of new starters and putting people right who are making mistakes through not knowing or following the correct procedures. The interview didn't have one single question pertaining to any actual knowledge or experience of the roles I'd have been teaching and was full of unfocused questions about motivation, ideals and other such slightly intangible things.

Didn't get the tutoring gig despite knowing the jobs inside out but hey-ho - the interviewer wasn't interested in that.

The person who did has very little knowledge and is actually fairly lazy. They've got along at work through being very popular with certain people, including the interviewer, and not causing problems by raising issues that need addressing. Just bodge it and tick the box.

In the last couple of months they've dished out so much poor advice and tutoring that several people have been let off on quite severe disciplinary matters on the basis that they were following the lead of the tutor....ticking boxes, being seen to do the work and not causing problems rather than doing the work properly and raising any issues regardless of it causing hassle for those higher up the food chain. These people knew exactly what they were doing but have been gifted a fantastic get-out clause with documented crappy advice sessions!

Just had a call off them & they're gonna put a package together this week & make me an offer "that we think you'll like, you dont want to be going back into factories & warehouses working shifts at this point in your life."

they rang me on Friday afternoon with a job to go to if I could (sub contracting for them), I was down there & it all sorted within the hour & I explained to the lady that they may call to ask about me, she said she was very happy to give me a glowing recommendation & in fact gave me a £20 tip on top of what they charged her (had the odd fiver in the past sometimes a tenner but never a 20). Got my usual hourly rate as well so it pretty much paid me the same as if it was 1 of my own jobs.
He said I can if I'm deregistering as self employed put my old customers (letting agents) through their system & come to an arrangement.
Seems I might be putting a high security lock on this thread as well soon. :cool:

Knew it was too good to be true.

They are offering me a job but a rubbish hourly rate, extra £25 for each job I go out to ... not guaranteed to go to any tbh, or extra 45 for each job outside of normal hours.
So basically I'd be on call all of the time ... don't people actually get paid a fee for that whether they have to go to work or not ?

the only guarantee with the job is a sub £300 take home wage.

I shall be passing up the offer as I would still have to keep looking for something else just the same as I am now, I'd be a little bit better off but not by any great amount.

Just filled an application in after getting their email, to go to Royal Mail again as a Xmas Casual (in Skem this year) which is close to 1.50 an hr more & 2000% less technical. I'd imagine I'll be doing that in the lead up to xmas for 7-8 weeks. Enjoyed it last time tbh.

I'm more brassed off about that job than I was about the rejections, I knew it was gonna be an hourly rate with extra for going out to jobs, but he asked what Royal Mail paid me & I told him a tenner... so he offers a quid 50 less. I did a couple of sub jobs for him this week £80 & i got 40, 145 & I got 45, so if hes sending me on jobs then he's gonna be making a fair penny off me, in fact if I go out 3 or 4 jobs then the rest of the week he's getting me for free.

I shall be declining but will need to word it politely as he is my main supplier & I cant afford to have to go elsewhere really.

Got an assessment day next week in Liverpool.

Any tips? I've never been invited along to an assessment day before; usually just interviews.

So, following my last post I'm stuck in a right pickle.

Been offered a job in a pretty huge company in a BDM role.

My current job (that I do enjoy) have come back and offered me more money to stay (not quite the same as the new position).

I have no idea what to do, and I've been sitting on the decision for a few weeks.

Thoughts?

So, following my last post I'm stuck in a right pickle.

Been offered a job in a pretty huge company in a BDM role.

My current job (that I do enjoy) have come back and offered me more money to stay (not quite the same as the new position).

I have no idea what to do, and I've been sitting on the decision for a few weeks.

Thoughts?
There must have been a reason you were looking to leave in the first place. Never stay at a company you wanted to leave just because they're offering a bit more cash. ***
*** unless it's loads more than the alternative job and you actually still enjoy working there.

There must have been a reason you were looking to leave in the first place. Never stay at a company you wanted to leave just because they're offering a bit more cash. ***
*** unless it's loads more than the alternative job and you actually still enjoy working there.

I was speculatively looking cause the salary where I am now isn't great. It's a great job though, I work within a product I love and get to travel alot. For example, last week I was at an event at Abbey Road Studios (bucket list type [Poor language removed]).

I got the job when I didn't have a chance, and to put it in perspective they are offering 6k more a year (that's without touching the bonus scheme).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back