Interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently sailed through an internal interview for a job i had previously done .
In fact I done the job perfectly when someone phoned in sick at the last minute recently.
Probably made the company 100-200 K in product (seriously )
Just received my knock back as...
This decision casts no reflection whatsoever on your qualification and past experience but is one taken in respect of our current needs.
I asked my immediate boss what this means and he doesn't know or won't tell me .
What it means mate is though you may be perfect for the job the boss wants some bird with big knockers he can hump over his desk.

Well in mate. Fingers crossed for you.

The other guy (we aren't competing tbh there's more than 1 position) had been in a couple of times 'getting a feel' for the place etc, I've a feeling they may ask me to do that cos he's mad keen for me to teach cnc because my cv points in that direction however not all of my jobs have required me to program so although I've worked on machines with certain operating systems/languages I've not necessarily got experience with that programming language.
A guy in the workshop when they showed us around said that if I'd done it before then I'd be fine & there'd be plenty of 'bedding in,' also said that in the workshop they only do level 2 so they don't do anything too complicated.
Interviewer made out that it was a lot more technical than the instructor in the workshop did.

Wondering whether or not to drop them an email or not cos we didnt see the interviewers again after going into the workshop.

The other guy (we aren't competing tbh there's more than 1 position) had been in a couple of times 'getting a feel' for the place etc, I've a feeling they may ask me to do that cos he's mad keen for me to teach cnc because my cv points in that direction however not all of my jobs have required me to program so although I've worked on machines with certain operating systems/languages I've not necessarily got experience with that programming language.
A guy in the workshop when they showed us around said that if I'd done it before then I'd be fine & there'd be plenty of 'bedding in,' also said that in the workshop they only do level 2 so they don't do anything too complicated.
Interviewer made out that it was a lot more technical than the instructor in the workshop did.

Wondering whether or not to drop them an email or not cos we didnt see the interviewers again after going into the workshop.
It wouldn't do any harm and at least it would show you are keen and pro active.
best of luck mate

It wouldn't do any harm and at least it would show you are keen and pro active.
best of luck mate

yeah, I just sent him an email, it's a bit out of the norm i suppose but as i said it was very informal & they're all very approachable.
wait & see now but i just know hes gonna ring when i'm at junior sports day this afternoon.

Received 'The Call' before.

Instructor... we wanted someone with more recent experience.

Assessor... we wanted someone more local that knows the companies.

Begs the question why they invited me in in the 1st place tbh, for me to do anything engineering wise & get any kind of wage I'm basically looking at having to travel between 45 mins & an hour, yet they say too far away. i've travelled that far before and was never once late, in fact i was always early.
Pretty brassed off with it all tbh, put a fair bit into the prep for it as well, most of the weekend in fact was doing it as well as thurs & friday.

wish that M6 was finished, whole other area to look in then, there was a job at Radway Green for BAE in what was Royal Ordnance who I did my Apprenticeship with but no way could you do that journey for next 18 months, be 2 hrs on good days.

Just prep yourself, then relax and be yourself. Sound interested, pass the time if day, ask lots of questions.

I've visited to learn as much about it as I can, done my homework so I look keen to the manager, I guess it's because I'm only a year into the job whereas the others who've got an interview could have more experience, but not worth dwelling on the other candidates.

Thanks for your advice

I've visited to learn as much about it as I can, done my homework so I look keen to the manager, I guess it's because I'm only a year into the job whereas the others who've got an interview could have more experience, but not worth dwelling on the other candidates.

Thanks for your advice
Interviews are a hard call. Despite whatever experience, qualities the candidates might have, it sometimes just comes down to chemistry on the day. You've been invited, meaning technically you're up to it in their eyes. Now it's just a matter of giving the right imptession, and describing yourself and what you've done in the best possible light while being personable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back