Is this the season when Shane Duffy breaks through?

Status
Not open for further replies.

to be fair I don't think we've conceded a goal while he's been on the pitch. He's easily looked one of if not the best defender in preseason. I just can't possibly see or justify how Alcaraz is ahead of him. I have no doubt that this season our fourth choice cb will be getting decent playing time, I just hope its Duffy.
I agree he's as good as anyone else, whatever that means!

But both Distin and stones have already proved what they offer going forward and against quality oppo, so a few dodgy pre-season performances mean very little tbh.

Distin offers exactly what going forward?

I can't remember the last time he scored off a corner for us. I vaguely remember some wonder goal he scored after a long run back when he was at Manchester City. That's about it.

Said it when we signed him, should nevwr have signed alcaraz.

Imagine, duffy would have got games last season but instead was on loan as we brought in rhat donkey. Should have been given a chance and I have no idea why alcaraz is still here.

Distin offers exactly what going forward?

I can't remember the last time he scored off a corner for us. I vaguely remember some wonder goal he scored after a long run back when he was at Manchester City. That's about it.

Ah sorry my bad wording there. Didn't mean going forward as in attacking. I meant moving forward throughout the season.

Shane is in talks with Everton for a new contract and believe me it's up to him to take it. Some people on here do my head in. At the end of the day shane is in England to play football and that's what he will do if it everton great if he thinks he will get more game time else were so be it. But I really hope not.

Hope he takes it mate, plenty of time to stake a claim for a 1st team slot in the next couple of years and i believe he would get some game time this year with the amount of games we will ha e before Christmas.

I have to agree, Duffy has not been as bad as the other centre halfs and deserves some game time, we might regret not doing it. If there is one thing that has worried me this pre-season it's the back 4s positioning and shape, its like letting a toddler have a go of your Fifa.

Shane is in talks with Everton for a new contract and believe me it's up to him to take it. Some people on here do my head in. At the end of the day shane is in England to play football and that's what he will do if it everton great if he thinks he will get more game time else were so be it. But I really hope not.

Tbf mate were just fans with no emotional connection to Shane. Any comments are not personal and based on us wanting to win the league and have the best possible squad. Is Shane on the level or the road to become a john Terry, Vincent kompany? Highly unlikely (which is no disgrace at all) there the cream of the crop and rightly or wrongly that's what us fans judge any player against because we want to be and have the best even if unrealistic.

Probably the worst thread for you to read when it regards a family member. I'd hate it if was my son.

Try not to take it personal, one thing for sure is all Evertonians would wish Shane the best of luck in his career wherever that may be.

Everyone is a mini-Mike Basset, Brian. Hope your lad makes it with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back