Confirmed Signing Jack Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.
This signing makes no sense whatsoever. Very injury prone, very inconsistent. Certainly not an improvement on what we have and someone who has frustrated leeds fans for a number of years.

Very limited player who's good numbers were only a result of the style of play of Leeds. Will really struggle to perform well for a team like us who prioritise defending in the majority of games. Low resale value too given his age and what he would be in a few years time so goes against the transfer philosophy we should be following.
Well we signed a 19 year old who our manager has indicated wont be ready till 2026, so I see no reason in signing an older, WAIT, hes 26????????

SMH

Well we signed a 19 year old who our manager has indicated wont be ready till 2026, so I see no reason in signing an older, WAIT, hes 26????????

SMH
I would have no issue signing a player who is 26 who is an improvement on what we have already. But Harrison certainly is not that

Release fee £13m
This was all but completed before he got injured, so will be done fast now. His stats are terrific but with no striker in the team will it make any difference?

31 in 190 games for Leeds, good for assists too

31 goals in 190 games for Leeds a team who played gung ho football for the majority of that time leading to high goal returns for all attacking players. Be lucky for a player of Harrisons limited ability to get half of that return with the way that we play.

This guy has missed some absolute sitters the last few seasons and I'm expecting to see him do more of that if he plays in an everton shirt.

Shall we get Bamford as well while we are at it? This stinks of a knee jerk reaction to the result yesterday by fitting square pegs in round holes.

I would have no issue signing a player who is 26 who is an improvement on what we have already. But Harrison certainly is not that
Fair enough mate, cant say ive seen a lot of the lad, but he does have some fairly decent G/As all through his career.

Again, not seen anything at all regarding him play, but I like what I read :

Harrison is a versatile left footed attacker, who plays as a winger, mainly on the left flank, he is also comfortable playing on the right side. He can also play as an attacking midfield playmaker. He is known for his pace, his dribbling ability and workrate.Former New York City teammate David Villa described Harrison, "I've spent a lot of years in this game, and he has something important that only a few players have, when he has the ball at his feet, you get the sensation something special is going to happen."

I heard late Sept/early October

I like the player but we need impact now so signing an injured player makes little sense to me. Its not something we see happen often.

If we also get a striker this week I'll be happier because that's really all that matters
I look at it this way, we’ve apparently wanted him for a while and this is supposed to be a loan with an option. Let’s say it is October, that’ll give us at least 30 games this season to see if he actually is suitable for us, if he’s not then don’t sign him permanently.

Again I’d much prefer signing him now rather than waiting until later when more are in for him.

Also on the striker point I’m not disagreeing or anything, I want a striker in as much as anyone else I just don’t think there’s a reason to halt doing other business until then. In fairness to the club we’ve signed one and we’re linked with new ones every week, they’re clearly working hard on it and I think they’ll get the right one over the line.

31 goals in 190 games for Leeds a team who played gung ho football for the majority of that time leading to high goal returns for all attacking players. Be lucky for a player of Harrisons limited ability to get half of that return with the way that we play
We had about 20 shots at goal yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back