Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Jack Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not wildly exciting but it’s good to get business like this done early. Will also benefit him to get a full pre season having missed last years due to injury.

End of the day it’s one less thing to do over the summer, we have a lot of berths to fill with limited resources. Last year’s squad did hit its target (easily without the deduction) so you want to keep as much of it together as possible before making the right additions.
Also makes Goat work in his squad thread

Doesn't offer loads going forward but helps the shape and defense out. Look at the shambles at right back behind him and the fact the defensive record was superb.

I'd have him back on a just for wages loan again. Actual money? No thanks.

We'll need to sign a RW player to develop and rotate with him unless Mills can step up.
We did look at asprilla at watford last season so maybe be a similar profile and gnonto both young players. Is to soon for mills imo maybe if he did not get the injury but is another player who needs to start and play.

….no, we need to sign a RW player who’s better.

Up there with your head in the clouds there’s a little world where there’s an orderly queue where one young player slowly develops and transitions into the first team. The aim is to acquire or bring through better than you have, your poorer players become your squad players.

We are signing Jack Harrison . This is a LOAN he is NOT a permanent Everton player.

I'm excited to know who this free top class player that you want to sign on the right wing is. To instantly upgrade on LOAN player Jack Harrison as you wish in your dreams.

A decent player, could do with another year. Should be recruiting an understudy who plays a bit part role this year, more than dobbin at least.

I think if Dobbin goes he'll be first choice on the right with competition signed. Then as hes overtaken he'll become a rotation option on both flanks.

If we "punt" Paterson for the prices you quote that will make our PSR situation worse and would be a very poor decision. If the club wants to get rid of him then he would need to sell for more than that or a loan would actually be better for our financial situation. Selling players at a loss will only result in us needing to sell more players to be compliant in the future. It's a silly idea.

Selling Patterson is neither a loss on book value nor PSR. In fact it is a small profit on both.

Nothing if not consistent Zat !

Common sense.

We did look at asprilla at watford last season so maybe be a similar profile and gnonto both young players. Is to soon for mills imo maybe if he did not get the injury but is another player who needs to start and play.

Yes, agreed.

We need someone young to come in, adapt and take the spot from Harrison, ideally over the first few months of the season

A reliable, hard working player with a bit of pace who was decent and fairly consistent last season, liked it here, fits in well, wants to come back, and we pay nothing for him,at a time where we have little or no money.

Terrible idea

I liked him, up to a point, but he was sadly mostly very stinky I thought.

Worked really hard for the team, but there wasnt much quality on show, which I was disappointed with.

We of course probably cant do better for the 4m hes cost, but as others have said, we really need another body that can push him for a spot.
Thing is his favoured position is left wing so it's hard to fully judge him I agree his cutting edge could be better but wingers don't get much support from the full back in a Dyche team and we don't really have a playmaker to slip in the wide players. Plus he was coming back after an injury and did show more than Danjuma ever did, plus Dyche puts as much if not more store in wingers who track back it seems.

….no, we need to sign a RW player who’s better.

Up there with your head in the clouds there’s a little world where there’s an orderly queue where one young player slowly develops and transitions into the first team. The aim is to acquire or bring through better than you have, your poorer players become your squad players.
No mate!

We should only sign young players who we can develop and then sell on for a profit!

Its the ONLY way! Who's bothered about the actual team when there's money to be made!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back