2023/24 Jack Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely frustrating at times, but I do think he gets far to much stick on here.

Whilst only being a loan signing, in the squad we posses. He contributed to us staying up during a season of point deductions...
Definitely one of the more successful loan signings recently even though not much of a high bar that

How does a decent RB help him kick a ball better? Or stop running into people?
No but a full back that takes part in the attack gives him an out ball when he is stuck in front of the opposition. We dont have a RB that goes over the halfway line anymore. IT is no wonder he runs into dead ends, what is his choice on the ball?

I don’t mind Harrison, he’s always worked hard for us which has been a rarity for wide players over the last few seasons. Him and McNeil put in the basic defensive work that no wide player since Richarlison has been willing to do for us.
Our team actually looks like a team for the first time in years. They move together and show for each other off the ball. A lot of that has to do with the work rates of McNeil and Harrison. There is a reason we looked godawful during the Iwobi years. Harrison helps make things click and for where we are at, that is good enough for me.

This could end up being a good signing for 12months.

With the summer Gnonto & January Asprilla links we have clearly been after a right winger since signing Harrison.

Now with the Minteh links and also a quick attacking right back (Kabore) we may not be far off having a new right sided duo.

Harrison may find himself as the rotation option for both McNeil and Minteh if all goes well. Gives us 12months to bring in another player to potentially push McNeil for a place.

"New exclusive detail: it’s loan move from Leeds United, no buy option… but with a view to make it permanent in due course, it’s concrete possibility."

This feels like the opposite of detail, just a load of words to make it sound like he knows something we don't.

Either way, good move. Gives us a more stable first 11 to start the season with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.