2023/24 Jack Harrison

Sean Dyches sides have averaged 40 goals a season over his whole career, its a manager problem, not a player problem.

If you want more goals, we need a better manager, its really that simple.

DCL under a good manager = 21 goals
DCL under a rubbish manager = 7 goals
I wonder why those players who provided all those 21 assists weren't doing it for us last season?

Sean Dyches sides have averaged 40 goals a season over his whole career, its a manager problem, not a player problem.

If you want more goals, we need a better manager, its really that simple.

DCL under a good manager = 21 goals
DCL under a rubbish manager = 7 goals

DCL with James Rodriguez = 21 goals
DCL without James Rodriguez = average goal returns

How is Dyche responsible for all those other seasons he hit an average return?

He spent 18months under Carlo and scored over 30 goals.

So you work it out, mate.

You’re basically arguing that DCL played better in a team managed by Carlo Ancelotti with James Rodriguez behind him. I don’t think anyone will disagree with you. When he hasn’t had the best manager of all time managing him or one of the world’s best number 10s behind him his goal return is average.

Is it Dyche’s fault Calvert Lewin didn’t score many under Koeman, Allardyce, Silva, Benitez or Lampard?

You’re basically arguing that DCL played better in a team managed by Carlo Ancelotti with James Rodriguez behind him. I don’t think anyone will disagree with you. When he hasn’t had the best manager of all time managing him or one of the world’s best number 10s behind him his goal return is average.

Is it Dyche’s fault Calvert Lewin didn’t score many under Koeman, Allardyce, Silva, Benitez or Lampard?
I have no idea why you just gave me a list of very bad managers.

My point was clear.

Give him a good manager, he will score goals.
Give him a bad manager, he wont.

I have no idea why you just gave me a list of very bad managers.

My point was clear.

Give him a good manager, he will score goals.
Give him a bad manager, he wont.

I await us finding a manager of the quality of Carlo Ancelotti and a number 10 as good as James Rodriguez so that Calvert Lewin can hit 20 league goals.

He’s not a bad player by any stretch but fitness issues and a lack of composure when finishing and with his first touch stops him from being at the top level. He’s in the bracket with Wilson, Toney, Solanke, Bamford, Watkins. They can all have a purple patch but not really good enough to be top draw.

I await us finding a manager of the quality of Carlo Ancelotti and a number 10 as good as James Rodriguez so that Calvert Lewin can hit 20 league goals.

He’s not a bad player by any stretch but fitness issues and a lack of composure when finishing and with his first touch stops him from being at the top level. He’s in the bracket with Wilson, Toney, Solanke, Bamford, Watkins. They can all have a purple patch but not really good enough to be top draw.
Perhaps the salient point in your post is that of the list of strikers you bracket him with it’s highly unlikely we could sign any of them.
Which strongly suggests we will be weaker if he goes.
Unless Thelwell pulls a master stroke .
Do you think that’s likely?
No, me neither.