2023/24 Jack Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he turns out to be mediocre hes a great pickup for us, but I think hes proved himself enough over the years we can turn our ire towards other players(like Danjuma)

So we go from literally NO right wingers to a pretty good one and you want him to be a rotation player? With whom?

I honestly can't recall last time we actually had a right winger.
How about a far-right winger?

H copy.webp

If he turns out to be mediocre hes a great pickup for us, but I think hes proved himself enough over the years we can turn our ire towards other players(like Danjuma)

Ive said i think he'll do a job on loan and be 'good' in terms of effectiveness.

Would depend on the fee really. He and McNeil are stable, solid guys who over a season will provide an all round consistency in terms of workrate.

Good to have in the squad but ideal if we have 2 players with a bit of xfactor ahead of them.

So we go from literally NO right wingers to a pretty good one and you want him to be a rotation player? With whom?

I honestly can't recall last time we actually had a right winger.

I think when you bring in the likes of McNeil and Harrison you know what youre getting.

Good work rate which means they will be 6/10 every game and over the season the odd 8 or 9/10 performance. Probably good enough to be in/out of the England squad.

Theyre both good enough for mid table but anything higher and theyre ideal squad players to have.

Id say if his fee was £16mil (release clause) then to have McNeil /Harrison wide is 'solid'.

What we then need to do (same at LB, CB and CM) is bring in young players to develop. Then in 1-2 seasons our wide players and the new kids are rotating with one another. The hope would be that McNeil/Harrison then are backups in 2 years and the kids have the xfactor to take us up the table.

Ive said i think he'll do a job on loan and be 'good' in terms of effectiveness.

Would depend on the fee really. He and McNeil are stable, solid guys who over a season will provide an all round consistency in terms of workrate.

Good to have in the squad but ideal if we have 2 players with a bit of xfactor ahead of them.

I think when you bring in the likes of McNeil and Harrison you know what youre getting.

Good work rate which means they will be 6/10 every game and over the season the odd 8 or 9/10 performance. Probably good enough to be in/out of the England squad.

Theyre both good enough for mid table but anything higher and theyre ideal squad players to have.

Id say if his fee was £16mil (release clause) then to have McNeil /Harrison wide is 'solid'.

What we then need to do (same at LB, CB and CM) is bring in young players to develop. Then in 1-2 seasons our wide players and the new kids are rotating with one another. The hope would be that McNeil/Harrison then are backups in 2 years and the kids have the xfactor to take us up the table.
Harrison has to be at least starting quality if we have to go in for the permanent, If Leeds don't get promoted, we should just pul another free loan (at 27yrs). I'd prefer we went for Gnonto (RM for Italy) and Clarke (LM for Sunderland), both are 15-20m each. Cheaper options would be nice as well (Bynoe-Gittens, Gloukh, Sudakov, Vignato etc)

Harrison has to be at least starting quality if we have to go in for the permanent, If Leeds don't get promoted, we should just pul another free loan (at 27yrs). I'd prefer we went for Gnonto (RM for Italy) and Clarke (LM for Sunderland), both are 15-20m each. Cheaper options would be nice as well (Bynoe-Gittens, Gloukh, Sudakov, Vignato etc)
Cant see Bynoe Gittens being cheap.

Needed more from him and McNeil today. We just couldn't get anything to stick in the first half when I felt there were a few opportunities to make something happen.

Like i posted before. See him as a guy that if we sign him we have to be looking at developing someone to push him onto the bench within a season or two.

Poor today but surprised he was taken off as he has the odd freak goal in him.

Like i posted before. See him as a guy that if we sign him we have to be looking at developing someone to push him onto the bench within a season or two.

Poor today but surprised he was taken off as he has the odd freak goal in him.

…he’s only here for a season, so what you mean is we shouldn’t buy him as we need somebody better :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back