2023/24 Jack Harrison

I think you're being unfair on McNeil. He hasn't had the greatest of seasons by any stretch of the imagination, however he gets on the ball and has had chances.

Harrison disappears.
Both trash but I can see where you're coming from. McNeil does more, but his quality is awful. Both barely do anything in the opposition half, and both seem to have graduated to second full backs under Dyche, yet he hasn't clocked on that draws don't keep us up any more.

He's on loan from a relegated club, he was never going to be Messi was he.
Well, no. Nevertheless, I do not think it's unrealistic for the fans to hope or believe that they'd bring someone in who can at least offer something.

For me, personally, he's a downgrade on Gray, and that's sadly saying something. McNeil offers something and has shown he can contribute.

Since Harrison scored that goal on his debut, I think he's been very poor and there's a fair argument that he should not be in the starting XI.

He doesn't beat players, his crossing has been poor, and his famed running at players looks to have been shelved. I hope he proves me wrong!