2023/24 Jack Harrison

Harrison needs an overlapping full back to work with. Looks like he is stuck between a hard place and a rock. He seems to come up with an assist often though

He looks like a decent back up player. Said that all along, theres no xfactor with him...but he gets the stats up with assists and the wonder goal.

We need better

Absolutely looks like a squad player, a guy who we would be fine to bring on when the starter is injured and be okay. Otherwise, I see one of the biggest immediate improvements we can make would be a good winger opposite McNeil. Unfortunately we loaned 2 who arent quite that. Fortunately we loaned them! They will do enough to see us through the season, but right to not purchase them.

Honestly, this is shocking to me...just how many Evertonians cant see he is an asset.

He's done great do far coming back after injury and just wait until he has a proper attacking FB down that right side.
I don't think our fans understand how far we've fallen as a club, and still think despite 3 consecutive relegation battles that it's all beneath us and we're a European side still. Players like Harrison are our level, and will do a really decent job for us overall.

Coleman coming back will sort that out.

….its a good point, it will be interesting to see what difference that makes. In a way, I think a stronger full back might actually weaken Harrison’s effectiveness because a lot of his best work is getting behind the ball. A fit and firing Coleman could open up the way for Danjuma.

I think Harrison could be better in possession than he is. He struggles to beat his marker, rarely goes past a defender. I know you really like him but I think £15m could be better spent.

….its a good point, it will be interesting to see what difference that makes. In a way, I think a stronger full back might actually weaken Harrison’s effectiveness because a lot of his best work is getting behind the ball. A fit and firing Coleman could open up the way for Danjuma.

I think Harrison could be better in possession than he is. He struggles to beat his marker, rarely goes past a defender. I know you really like him but I think £15m could be better spent.
Let's see Harrison and Coleman taking turns to go on the overlap for 90 minutes.

His best game for us was his debut vs Villa in the cup. He had Patterson going past him offering him an option, or making space for him.

I think Patterson will come good, but for me Young can't play RB if you want Harrison to be productive in the final third.

When Young plays, Harrison is basically a second right back. I think Coleman and Patterson need to share the RB slot, they can get up and down much better, and in short help assist Harrison in being more successful.

I don't think our fans understand how far we've fallen as a club, and still think despite 3 consecutive relegation battles that it's all beneath us and we're a European side still. Players like Harrison are our level, and will do a really decent job for us overall.

….he’s a terrific signing for us, ideal for the moment.