Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Jack Rodwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
..not sure there was ever any evidence he’d be a good CB other than folk saying he would. I don’t ever remember him playing there.

He was a ‘safe’ footballer, almost always passing the ball in the direction he was facing whereas the better players took it on the spin.

I remember seeing him play centre-half in a pre-season friendly at Blackpool when he was given the runaround by Jason Euell. I think the Echo described it as part of his 'education' but don't think Moyes ever played him there again.

At Sunderland, he declared himself not mentally ready to play football, never mind physically. He declared himself unfit for selection for mental reasons. The lad has serious problems, I have no doubt, and if we can help him then great, but I'd suggest that is all we're offering. Certainly Brands and Silva are likely to have little to do with this gesture.

I think piennar admitted he made a mistake in leaving which is fair enough. The likes of rodwell and barkley have destroyed their careers by moving. Moyes was the one who said grass isnt always greener. Didnt work out for him either.
Rodwell had injury problems and it seemed that he wasn't going to regain his previous form, City didn't do their homework when they came in with that ridiculously high offer (a fit Rodders was worth many times more than that though) and we did a fine piece of business for someone who never put in a transfer request and would have been happy to see his career out with us.

Plenty of gyms in Liverpool he can join, Everton in the community is one thing but if Finch Farm turns into a drop in center for waifs and strays we have problems
To be fair, he didn’t do a Barkley or a Lookman, he kept playing and the club sold him on for a not insignificant amount.

It’s only a gesture and may be a salutary lesson for our current young starlets about how hard they have to work to succeed as a pro in the Premier League.

Letting a former player without a club train at our facilities is hardly anything to do with a losers mentality.
We allowed Baxter to train and it helped him get a club.
It's not as if Rodwell has been promoted straight into the first team.
I heard we even broke even with Baxter. Kindness costs nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back