2023/24 James Garner

When our players takes a touch to stop the ball before passing, thats changing the speed of our movement by quite a lot, giving every team and their grandma time to get back into position. I dont understand why we do it. I wonder if the players are told to go long, making them stop to look for a long ball every time they recieve the ball. Its the only logical reason.
Agreed. I don’t mind mixing it up, but they just need to be quicker getting it out wide and not letting the other team get set.

You cant see a footballer of high class in front of your eyes. The team should revolve around him.

Do you think he’s better than Leon Osman was?

I don’t.

I think Osman would be our best central midfielder if he was around right now, and that includes Onana. And I never massively rated Osman.

Our central midfield is cack tbh, badly bottom half cack!

I don’t.

I think Osman would be our best central midfielder if he was around right now, and that includes Onana. And I never massively rated Osman.

Was never an Osman fan as I thought he was lightweight. I do think Garner is a lot better. I do agree though that he would be an asset to this team.

I don’t.

Different players and Garner is still young if give him a run in place of Gana or Doucs

Their players were basically defending and standing off which is why we had space on the right.

Im not sure if it was panic or just a lack of tactical acumen but the goals they scored were from set pieces and there was no need for us to revert to predictable long balls when we were on top with the ball on the deck.

Dyche cost us the points through lack of set piece coaching and poor team selection prior to the direct style we used in 2nd half.
Dyche is outdated

I don’t.

Osman also looked terrible when he got shunted onto the right wing btw, which did happen a lot in Moyes’ first couple of seasons.

Osman also looked terrible when he got shunted onto the right wing btw, which did happen a lot in Moyes’ first couple of seasons.

The difference is that nobody was going wild about Osman just because he was capable of making a forward pass.

Garner is okay. But he’s much closer to being a Besic than a Barry, and I don’t think he’d get a game for many, if not most, of the other 19 prem clubs.

The difference is that nobody was going wild about Osman just because he was capable of making a forward pass.

Garner is okay. But he’s much closer to being a Besic than a Barry, and I don’t think he’d get a game for many, if not most, of the other 19 prem clubs.

I completely disagree with this, don’t think they’re anywhere near similar types of player and I think he gets in plenty of teams in the bottom 12 of the league. He’s definitely not the problem in this team, well shoehorning him onto the right when we have wingers sat on the bench certainly is but that’s on Dyche and not Garner.

I completely disagree with this, don’t think they’re anywhere near similar types of player and I think he gets in plenty of teams in the bottom 12 of the league. He’s definitely not the problem in this team, well shoehorning him onto the right when we have wingers sat on the bench certainly is but that’s on Dyche and not Garner.

I agree that there are greater problems, but I disagree with those that think Garner is going to be some kind of answer to our problems.

I think he is quite similar to Besic in style, and also in being ridiculously overhyped, but my point was that he is much closer to being a Besic than a Barry.

We agree that the bottom half of the league is his level / ceiling. However, I’m not convinced he’d be nailing down a first team spot in central midfield. I mean, he can’t even do it with Everton.

I agree that there are greater problems, but I disagree with those that think Garner is going to be some kind of answer to our problems.

I think he is quite similar to Besic in style, and also in being ridiculously overhyped, but my point was that he is much closer to being a Besic than a Barry.

We agree that the bottom half of the league is his level / ceiling. However, I’m not convinced he’d be nailing down a first team spot in central midfield. I mean, he can’t even do it with Everton.

How??? Besic was a headless chicken that ran around and fouled people, and couldn’t pick a pass or shoot to save his life. If you think Garner is in any way a similar type of player to him then you have never watched at least one of these players play football.

He can’t nail down a spot in our midfield because our manager is a moronic dinosaur who’s won 10 games in his last 58 in the league.

Honest to god you can see half of youse never watched the game he played in the middle the whole second half and guess what - he was much better in the first half when he was out wide!

Second half Luton were fighting and trying to hold out the first time in their history that they had a lead in a prem game.

It was different tactics when they had their half time talk and they dropped right off , if garner was playing centrally from the start then it may have been different .

Also you could see that Beto and DCL had no idea how to play together and were making the same runs and jumping for the same balls

When our players takes a touch to stop the ball before passing, thats changing the speed of our movement by quite a lot, giving every team and their grandma time to get back into position. I dont understand why we do it. I wonder if the players are told to go long, making them stop to look for a long ball every time they recieve the ball. Its the only logical reason.

This,

I remember years ago some pundits takkkng about Scott Parker and why he couldn’t get into the England team.

It’s because he used to take a touch or two before passing… they said at international level you have to know where it’s going before it gets to you or at least play an easy first time pass to keep the ball and more importantly, the opposition moving and not giving them time to adjust .