2017/18 James McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh come on ! Give the lad a chance at least ! His sub got some booing yesterday , but he proved those people otherwise and his commitment was what kept Goodison in a boiling atmosphere . Just let him roll for a while , with a bit of luck it might be his turnaround .

Oh come on ! Give the lad a chance at least ! His sub got some booing yesterday , but he proved those people otherwise and his commitment was what kept Goodison in a boiling atmosphere . Just let him roll for a while , with a bit of luck it might be his turnaround .
Did he? We still lost. It's not him people were unhappy with it was a neutral at best some would say negative double sub so people were unhappy.

When the substitutions took place I thought the booing was due to the crowds perception that the substitutions did absolutely nothing to improve the attacking potential, and try to get something out of the game. Putting DCL on and keeping Niasse on the pitch, whilst replacing Schneiderlin was what was required, I don't think McCarthy was booed as an individual by the vast majority.

I honestly thought he came on and made a difference, he was composed on the ball and worked well to create space and be an option for the pass. He put a bit of aggression into a normally weak centre mid, showed up Schniderlin and was able to pass it forward. He's had a bit of time out, perhaps under Sam he can flourish.
I was actually pining for him and Ross to be back playing last night.

The defence, yeah

But my point was that McCarthy (like Barry) vital in making that team tick, key player that season no doubt
He was and was a really good player at one point. Not as good in the pass as Morgan, but great in the tackle, and usually found a way to sneak into the box and score a couple. But let's not forget he was also vital in dropping us into 11th as well.

His play was encouraging, I'll give you that. My heavens was he bad against Bournemouth, though.

As much as my brain doesn't want me to be this way, I loved him kicking Mata and showing some fire as this side dearly lacks it. Was waiting for someone to chop Pogba down as he gets away with that stiff arm crap all match. Someone just needs to break that guy in half and get him the shut the heck up and play.

That’s 30 minutes more running and tackling than anyone else did, to be fair.
Personally I think that was arl arsed on Pickford who made some very good saves.

I find the idea of giving MOTM to a sub who was on the pitch for 30 minutes because he did a few tackles and woke the crowd up a bit ridiculous.

Says a lot about how we performed, mind.

Personally I think that was arl arsed on Pickford who made some very good saves.

I find the idea of giving MOTM to a sub who was on the pitch for 30 minutes because he did a few tackles and woke the crowd up a bit ridiculous.

Says a lot about how we performed, mind.

Aye Pickford was my MOTM. In a game we lost. Again. It’s not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back