2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was good first half the did nothing second half.

He reminded me of Rooney a bit today in the second half. Absolutely nullified himself by coming far too deep to receive the ball and only tried Holywood passes.

He has to play further forward. To get the ball to him we need Davies or Allan.

Yeah, but literally nobody else was trying to run around him or trying to drop deep.

It was just dreadful from all of them.

Chill, he's happy here.

He wasn't good today but as long as Carlo's here, he's happy.

We need to get better players to play with him.
He literally could go to almost any club in world football with a simple call from his agent. I mean, it's not even really debatable that just about every club in world football would jump at the chance to get him, is it?

That's true but you can understand the frustration.

Quality players are used to playing with other players who know what to do.

I didn't have crowd noise on the stream I watched and our mob were silent. It's pathetic.

Newcastle did a job on James today. Kicked him to bits and wound him up. We were reduced to him having to collect the ball of the centre-backs and he had no runners around him.
Should be aware of whats around him. No excuses, it happened 3 times.

Yeah, but literally nobody else was trying to run around him or trying to drop deep.

It was just dreadful from all of them.

We just couldn't sustain any attacks though because it was slow pedestrian football followed by a holywood speculative pass.

Tactically it was very messy today. But it didn't help that DCL and Richarlison were so static and lethargic as well.

He was good first half the did nothing second half.

He reminded me of Rooney a bit today in the second half. Absolutely nullified himself by coming far too deep to receive the ball and only tried Holywood passes.

He has to play further forward. To get the ball to him we need Davies or Allan.
It's tough because if he doesn't get involved the ball never gets forward. Only Digne is anything of a forward passer but Richarlison is a tough one to work with. So he kind of has to do that. But the we also have nothing in the final third when Richarlison isn't showing up there. Which is kind of a tough look for Richarlison really as we need him to produce and he just flatly hasn't in a long while.

Clearly targetted from the very start , Shelvey should have been sent off.
Three propper stamps on him in the 1st half and referee wasnt offering him any protection.

Seen a few moan he's dropping too deep and even getting caught on the ball . The only player showing for him was Digne who wasted the ball today.
The other forwards offered no movement for him.
Frustrated ?....dead right he was.

We just couldn't sustain any attacks though because it was slow pedestrian football followed by a holywood speculative pass.

Tactically it was very messy today. But it didn't help that DCL and Richarlison were so static and lethargic as well.
We desperately need a player who can run with the ball.

We have one - Iwobi - who can do it with any skill, and he's so inconsistent.

He literally could go to almost any club in world football with a simple call from his agent. I mean, it's not even really debatable that just about every club in world football would jump at the chance to get him, is it?
It's not but he doesn't want to.

So it's fine.

He's also on a two-year contract which automatically extends to three when he's played a certain amount of games. He likes it on Merseyside and his kids are here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back