2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your joking aren't you! Was stood on 3 times and still kept looking for the ball. The 5th/6th time he was fouled he literally took the piss out of their midfielder by just holding onto the ball willing him to tackle again.
Cant fault him for his lack of physical attributes, i just worry for him. He is slow,small and easily out muscled. He needs players around him making positive runs at the moment his only option is pass it out wide to digne.
He never really picked up the ball outside the box where he can do most damage. He was coming deep for the ball .

Far cry from having Cahill, Fellaini and even Barry in the middle. We did our own sniding and particularly with the first two, the chance of retribution if someone tried to hammer Arteta or Pienaar.

Bit of snide is needed in this squad methinks.

That role holds so much value man.

I was never the most talented player in soccer or basketball, but i always played hard, defended well, and was the enforcer for this kinda shenanigans. Even in basketball with dudes much bigger than me, I was the one to play that role. That's how I always some how made the teams.

We literally have no one to do that. Just look at Ramos here

He needs to start releasing the ball a bit earlier. It isn't La Liga or the Bundesliga. Currently, he is taking too many touches and allowing the cloggers to leave a foot in. He has the quality to move the ball a bit earlier.

While I agree somewhat it doesn’t help that he has little options around him making runs. Literally he’s the only player who gets the ball and looks to pass it and moves. Everyone else around him are totally stagnant.

That role holds so much value man.

I was never the most talented player in soccer or basketball, but i always played hard, defended well, and was the enforcer for this kinda shenanigans. Even in basketball with dudes much bigger than me, I was the one to play that role. That's how I always some how made the teams.

We literally have no one to do that. Just look at Ramos here

If that was Coleman he’d have his arms around the opposition player asking “are you ok babes xx”

Maybe 30?

Good business but bad business if you know what I mean
His agent is Jorge Mendes, we got him on a freebie technically, we’ll get majorly rinsed on any sale deal for him.
Plus he's only for 18 months of contract left. I would fully expect that Real have a deal for a substantial percentage of any sell on fee due to the free transfer.

While I agree somewhat it doesn’t help that he has little options around him making runs. Literally he’s the only player who gets the ball and looks to pass it and moves. Everyone else around him are totally stagnant.
I think he is still adjusting to the pace of the game here. In La Liga and the Bundesliga teams are a lot more disciplined and concentrate on keeping their shape. They will stand off to prevent getting passed around. Here midfield players just charge in look to make challenges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back