2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to be all over the refs the moment anyone breathes on him in a game, as unfortunately on today's evidence, he quite clearly can be piped down with a couple of stamps.

If this was a City or Liverpool player, they'd be crying all over the media and as a result any hacking as blatant as Shelvey's or the other lad's looks twice as bad/obvious to a ref when it happens, making his mind up and making opponents think twice about trying it.

We've seen Richarlison get volleyed everywhere, but I don't think I've ever seen it as obvious and aggressive as today.

He'll be off in the summer anyway. One shot to get into the top four with him and, predictably, we have gone and messed it right up and left the door open to Moyes to take advantage.

Don't get used to James playing for us.

That would end it for me
Why would he stay when he's 30/31 and has one move left in him to make big money and/or win things?

I've said already I believe he has clauses in his contract to leave for a set fee. Convinced on that - he wouldn't tie himself to us for several years at his age knowing that we're crap and he won't win anything with us. Don't forget he was a free transfer so would have been in a position to push for release clauses in any deal he signed with us.

I can see him leaving for around 30m in the summer.

He'll be off in the summer anyway. One shot to get into the top four with him and, predictably, we have gone and messed it right up and left the door open to Moyes to take advantage.

I think he will be off at the end of the season. For as much as he loves Carlo he could easily go to Serie A for one of the top teams there and play in the CL he won’t be short of offers in Spain again or even Portugal. Lad is only 29 still.

Why would he wanna stay here in pi55ing down Liverpool fighting for a Europa League place at best with players who can’t even turn up when we have an opportunity to push on?

Nah he’s gone.

I think he will be off at the end of the season. For as much as he loves Carlo he could easily go to Serie A for one of the top teams there and play in the CL he won’t be short of offers in Spain again or even Portugal. Lad is only 29 still.

Why would he wanna stay here in pi55ing down Liverpool fighting for a Europa League place at best with players who can’t even turn up when we have an opportunity to push on?

Nah he’s gone.
Good to see somebody else is on the same page. What a stupid football club we truly are. This will be yet another experiment where we spent 100+ million on Carlo / Doucouré /Allan / Godfrey only to see us needing to find a new identity after 1 year with James leaving us, and probably finding a new manager and starting all over again after 2/3 seasons as, with everybody else, even Carlo isn't able to get a tune out of any players who plays for us.

Problem is he's getting frustrated because he's having to drop deep a lot of the time to pick the ball up when in reality he needs to be higher up the pitch where he can cause the most damage.
He shouldn’t have to take the ball off Siggy in the Pirlo position because Siggy has played his 90th back pass. I felt for him today. If we had more quality we could have had this game won and benched him on 60.

He’ll stay for next year, I’m sure he understands the clubs ambition and Carlo is in his ear. He can leave on a free after that if he wants.

I hope James volleyed some of his teammates out of it in the dressing room for allowing Newcastle to kick him off the park. Spineless gutless w?????rs

Been like this for years mate, we haven’t really had a captain that stands up for the clubs player consistently for a long time. Coleman does it but it’s selective.

Physically looks like a boy amongst men out there. Took alot of punishment

Far cry from having Cahill, Fellaini and even Barry in the middle. We did our own sniding and particularly with the first two, the chance of retribution if someone tried to hammer Arteta or Pienaar.

Bit of snide is needed in this squad methinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back