2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was trying today. He was frustrated with the lack of quality around him. Too many of our players had stinkers.
At least James looks bothered, I though for most he was ok today, he got kicked a lot as did Richy, James looked frustrate. On the other hand Sigs was terrible again, I’ve just had enough of him now. At the beginning of the season I gave him the benefit of the doubt but he’s failed again.

Perfect example of quality playing with the dross we've put up with for the past few years.
Team just couldnt carry iwobi and sigurdsson today.
I’ve been saying it for ages, our problems come when we play more than one of Sigs,Iwobi,Gomes and Davies and Bernard We can only carry one. When Allan is back we only have to carry one.

I’ve been saying it for ages, our problems come when we play more than one of Sigs,Iwobi,Gomes and Davies and Bernard We can only carry one. When Allan is back we only have to carry one.

Its frustrating as even the jan transfer window is mainly a dead rubber. So you only get the summer one to buy what you want/need.
You'll get the odd performance from sigg iwobi bernard davies gomes etc. But its far to often to even consider them any good.
Id love to just kick them all out.

All the evidence suggests when he plays well we play well but I cant help thinking against sides like Newcastle he's better out wide because he just had a kicking today as they knew how to stop him.

Wednesday will be more of his type of game with his passing crucial to deciding how well we beat the press.

He needs to start releasing the ball a bit earlier. It isn't La Liga or the Bundesliga. Currently, he is taking too many touches and allowing the cloggers to leave a foot in. He has the quality to move the ball a bit earlier.
If he had someone to release the ball to I can guarantee you that he would do it. As a matter of fact, that's one of his most powerful skills. The problem is that his thought process, mental speed and decision making are way ahead of the rest.

The big problem with us is the lack of runners from midfield. James is a great player and we need to give him options all the time, our lack of movement and the failure of our midfielders to run ahead of the player in possession make us too easy to defend against.It’s all well and good to leave out Holgate and Godfrey to play more attacking full backs, but, Digne’s crossing was almost as bad as Colman’s today, so in effect, we lost our solidity and gained no creativity.

James did his best to change things and stood up to the clogging he received, but, we as a club, need to be doing what other teams do, we need to constantly be complaining about the lack of protection for James. We also need a captain on the pitch who gets right in the referee’s face every time James is fouled.

The big problem with us is the lack of runners from midfield. James is a great player and we need to give him options all the time, our lack of movement and the failure of our midfielders to run ahead of the player in possession make us too easy to defend against.It’s all well and good to leave out Holgate and Godfrey to play more attacking full backs, but, Digne’s crossing was almost as bad as Colman’s today, so in effect, we lost our solidity and gained no creativity.

James did his best to change things and stood up to the clogging he received, but, we as a club, need to be doing what other teams do, we need to constantly be complaining about the lack of protection for James. We also need a captain on the pitch who gets right in the referee’s face every time James is fouled.
Spot on everything you say , captain, leader we've been missing for a long time needs addressing soon as we won't win anything without a big leader end of!

Some good points...

Movement & getting our players forward to create problems has been a problem, our midfield is not the most mobile of the premier league...

Lack of options in attack & our forwards current lack of form is not helping either...

Captain Coleman would normally be the player to get in the officials face to cause commotion but other than him I am struggling to think of anyone else...

We have looked stronger when we played Holgate,Mina,Keane,Godfrey as a back four maybe he should stick with that & build around that...

Can clearly see his frustration. Probably due to the fact he’s having to play near enough every forward ball through the eye of a needle to a team mate due to their lack of movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back